am i looking for the impossible?

Firehorse

Visit site
all in want in a pony is something between 14-15 hh, not too old or too young. something easy to catch, good with vet, farrier etc, safe enough for my novice kids to handle and ride and something i can enjoy hacking out on, fun yet safe but not a plod. under £2000. is there such a thing? or do i have to deal with numerous problems to get there?

charlie55

Visit site
15 hands 9 years blue & white gelding

He is quiet to hack, traffic, box, clip, catch & shoe

A well schooled ride, super to jump & has done all RC activities in a snaffle

He would excel at Pony Club camp

We are looking for a special home for Blue who has a loving personality but sadly has limited vision in one eye- this does not affect his performance

Hence - £1500

Sounds ideal.... On horse quest, picture of him jumping very nicely
smile.gif

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
If you're not prepared to travel you are very limited as to what you will find nearby.

I'm in Crawley, pony is from Exmoor, Mare is from Barry in Wales and my gelding was foaled (to my mare) in Yorkshire!

charlie55

Visit site
I too travelled over 3 hours to collect my new horse. If your not willing to travel, your search will be very limited! x

Firehorse

Visit site
thanks, i'd already seen the ad for the haflinger and he looks suitable. the ad's been in for a while tho, so not sure if he's still available gotta sell my mare first really, before starting a serious search.

woodstock1

New User
Visit site
You would think so wouldn't you! Am in the same boat as you looking for something similar but smaller. I have been so surprised at how few I have found even to look at and I think I have a quite generous budget. Am begining to think I am expecting too much!

As for travelling, I had set myself apx 50 mile radius due to work/children etc and the one time I made an exception, having spoken at length to the owner (a dealer who should know better) we could see within minutes of arriving at the yard that the pony was not as descibed in any way other than height, and totally unsuitable. Very annoying.

Hope you have some luck soon!!