Am I Over-Reacting?

Bri

Visit site
Me and Little Miss Event have never exactly seen eye to eye but we manage to be civil to each other and have the odd conversation. Her mother on the other hand is downright rude to me, will ignore me at all times and slags me off left, right and centre. Usually it doesn't get to me and I tend to ignore them both.
However L.M.E is off to an event this weekend and has asked me too look after her two other horses. Wasn't bothered by it until new girly arrived. Since then L.M.E has called her all manner of unpleasant words to anyone who will listen (although obviously not me) and when my girl went out in the small paddock she went ballistic and ran to get her horse in.
Again Fine Whatever -each to their own and all that.

BUT this morning took my girl out for a walk around the sandschool, we were in the middle of it I went nowhere near the end her field backs onto, and girly was on a leadrope jsut stretching her legs. L.M.E's mother came running out and shouted at me in the rudest tone
'URM, WAIT A MINUTE'
Then proceeded to get L.M.E's horse in.
Now my problem is this - they're despicably rude to me. Fine they may not want their horse near mine but do they have to make it so clear they think she's a peice of scum?
I don't want to do her horses anymore and also think it is incredibly hypocritical of her to not want one of her horses anywhere near my girl, but is quite happy for me to handle her two others because she needs me too
confused.gif
confused.gif

I want to confront her but YO has asked me not to. Should I jsut do her horses anyway? Or make a stand? I'm fed up of them treating me and my horses like scum but using me when they feel like it?
mad.gif

Sorry it's so long. Opinions please?

Weezy

Visit site
Sorry there is no way I would do her horses - I would say to her "You obviously have a problem with my new girl so I think it is best I do not handle your horses as if my girl DOES have whatever it is that you are worried about, I could transfer it to your horses "

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
They sound like thoroughly unpleasant people.

Personally I would have nothing to do with them. I wouldn't do their horses, and would pretend that they didn't exist.

Rise above it all - and tell them to bugger off !!!!!!

JACQSZOO

Visit site
Tell them to get stuffed!
Actually what I would say is that they are clearly very upset about your new girl being anywhere near their horses and that you totally understand why and that under the circumstance you feel it would be very silly for you to be handling theirs at the weekend. Say it all with a huge smile on your face, be overly polite, above all do not let it end up in a row.

threeponies

Visit site
People like this really annoy me- they have no right to slag off you or your horse. Your YO should be sorting this out, why is it ok for you to get upset, but not ok for this other girl to get upset? I would tell her you are not available to do her horses because of the arrival of your girl, and that you will be far too busy. Your horse is lovely, btw!

dieseldog

Visit site
No you are not over re acting and don't do her horses, but tell her today so she has time to arrange something else.

What's going to happen? Are they going to be rude to you? They already are....

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
And another thing...................

............... this is all tantamount to bullying, and your yard owner shouldn't allow it to continue.

What does your mother say about all of this????

tuscanyD

Visit site
They sound horrible - sounds like you need to sever your connections with them and just get on and enjoy your horse - its supposed to be fun - if people like that make your life a misery then it isnt fun at all!

Why are you doing their horses? Do you work at the yard? Whats the arrangement about?

They can only use you if you let them. Don't let them. Tell them you no longer have the spare time to help and your sorry and just keep away from them. No need for a big showdown just do whats right for you.

Parkranger

Visit site
Ok can I play devil's advocate?

I don't know the background but surely there is more to them being rude to you? Has one of your horses kicked theirs before etc?

Seems like a rubbish situation - tbh, I don't know why you're even talking to them let alone doing their horses for them - I'd tell her to get knotted!

x

Bri

Visit site
Fantastic exactly what I wanted to say. Mum hates confrontation though and was trying to persuade me to leave it for an easy life.
They are leaving today though so will be leaving her in the lurch a bit - but to be fair she should of thought about that before she was so damn right rude.

Amymay- I am very tempted to tell them too! Was voicing a very similar opinion as that very loudly in the school, don't think they heard though.

You know what the ridiculous thing is though? She's not worried about her horse catching some kind of virus or infection - she's worried it's going to get worms - through a fence - within 5 minutes!
mad.gif
And I suppose fair enough they can be in the grazing - but her horse is never in that field and girly didn't even poo!

muffinino

Visit site
I may have missed something but can I ask why you do their horses for them? Do they pay you or is it just because you're a helpful person? Can't help much until I know the full story - sorry if I missed a post explaining.
I certainly wouldn't put up with anyone slagging Titan off or making it clear that they thought he was scum
mad.gif
- your horse is your pride&joy, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

loopylis

wythallriders.proboards100.com
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry there is no way I would do her horses - I would say to her "You obviously have a problem with my new girl so I think it is best I do not handle your horses as if my girl DOES have whatever it is that you are worried about, I could transfer it to your horses "

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats my thoughts exactly just say you seem so concerned about them being anywhere near each other so not a good idea for me to look after them incase i transmit whatever it is you think she haslol!!

Soph83

Visit site
<span style="color:purple">I'd let the YO do the horses!
No way I would. Why don't they want your horse anywhere near there's? Is it because you have just bought it and they are scared theirs may catch something? Or are they weird?
I'm confused... </span>

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
BG - this is one of the problems with yards - bloody politics.

I would say that there is a little jelousy going on somewhere - hence their overreaction, and peculiour behaviour.

You appear from here to be a really nice person, with a loving and caring family - could that be their problem?? People just don't like nice people!!!!!

not_with_it

Visit site
I wouldnt do her horses. I feel sorry for her horses having to stay in just because they are being petty.

Well obviously you cant do their horses as your horse is obviously diseased in some way and they wouldnt want their horses to catch it now would they
tongue.gif

Accy

Visit site
To be honest if this was me, a i would not have held my tounge for this long and b, no way on earth would i do her other horses i would tell her to take a long walk of a very short cliff.. why should you help them out when they are qutie honestly rude.

sammys ma

Visit site
I would ask her directly what her problem is with your horse going anywhere near hers.

If she mentions any kind of communicable disease, then tell her, in that case, you can have nothing to do with handling her horses.

They sound like snobby, nasty pieces of work, and i wouldn't have anything more to do with them.

Your Yard Owner should be more sympathetic towards you, and if they are upsetting you, or other people on the yard, they should be given an official warning, and that if it continues they will be asked to leave!

And also to add, your mare is stunning. Would love to see a video of her in action!

Greyhound

Visit site
Tell her to take the high road, she is clearly a user cant be doing with it frankly.

Just remain pleasant about it, I know it will be hard, but at the end of the day they will look the plonkers lol

Say your busy / or as someone else said use the quarrantine thing / also mention it to your YO/YM about the bullying.

Gh

Bri

Visit site
Yard is a full livery one - I am the only D.I.Y so she asked me. YO doesn't particularly like her and is very 'no-nonense'. She has all sorts of stupid routines for her horses, keeps them like babies and knows if YO did them they'd just get kicked out in the field.

Amymay - I wouldn't call it bullying as such. They're generally umpleasant to everyone esepcially the mother.

And Vicstress - I've done nothing that I'm aware of. She used to be quite close to YO until I turned up - so think part of it is feeling bitter that I'm now closer to him then she is. YO thinks she's jealous about new girl - cant see why though. She hates coloureds. She has ALWAYS had it in for Sid.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Amymay - I wouldn't call it bullying as such. They're generally umpleasant to everyone esepcially the mother.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is a form of bullying, in one of it's most subtle forms.

Bri

Visit site
My thoughts exactly Weezy!!! But still if they can get them from looking at another horse, I can obviously transmit it with my hands so no way I can do her other horses
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

YO thinks she's jealous about new girl - cant see why though. She hates coloureds. She has ALWAYS had it in for Sid.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHA!!!! Had it in for him because she covets him - bet you!

Weezy

Visit site
Because he is gorgeous, he jumped like a stag, moved beautifully, you ride well, blah blah and on and on - honestly there is nowt as queer as folk! I would bet my house on the fact she is jealous of you!

Kelly1982

Visit site
Sorry but i have a mouth the size of Blackwall tunnel and i would ask her what her problem is??

No way would i stand for someone slagging of my horse, calling it a bog pony and claiming its got worms and then expect me to muck theri two horses out!!!

Tell her to get stuffed and say something like, seen as my horse 'may' have worms according to you i think its best if you find someone else tp do your horses in case i pass somethign on'.

Grrr makes me so mad and i dont know how you have managed to hold your tongue

Kelly1982

Visit site
Ha ha just read my post and seen the spelling mistakes, whoops!!!

Its coz i was angry and was typing so hard i didn't think about checking the spellings
blush.gif