Am I Over-Reacting?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
It's easy. Say that as her mother has such a problem with her horses being in contact with yours, and as you have forgotten to bring your disinfectant with you, there is no way that you are going to be able to put her valuable horses at risk as HER mother has diagnosed from a safe distance that yours are incredibly contagious.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I'm with Weezy. I would refuse to do her horses as clearly they haven't got a good word to say about you and you can't be trusted with their precious darlings. Stupid, horrible woman! If your YO doesn't want you to confront them, then HE (is he a bloke?) should be the one to do it!

haybales

Visit site
agree with every single post! but also wanted to say, what on earth is this girls mother doing acting like this?! she's meant to be a grown woman i take it?! well done you on not having snapped already!

_OC_

Visit site
Hi where about in Surrey are you?I have had all this with a mother and daughter team-when I got my boy last May -it was she has paid to much for him -he is so ill mannered bad confirmation....the list is endless nobody was spared their nasty remarks-in the end my cob had to be separated from the others as they had made him out to be some psycho beast from hell -which his not they did alot of damage between them......I felt so sh*t -the others did start to see what they were up to and I put it down to pure jealousy as people have asked do show him or put him in workers his perfect with a good jump-Tell them they need to sort out their own horses from now as they have no respect end of!!!!!!!!!

jacks_mum

Visit site
i would do her horses, but i would do them YO style - stick 'em in a field and treat them like horses, don't pander to her silly regimes and present her with a bill on her return that is at least equal what the YO would bill them for a weekend full livery service. They'll soon get the message.

Pidge

Visit site
don't confront her not worth your energy and it will only upset you - most definately DO NOT do her horses at the weekend. Poiltely inform her that due to the arrival of new horse you will not have the time to do hers. count to 100!

happyhack

Visit site
are there no other yards that you could go to locally that would appreciate you for your help and beautiful horses. they sound like horrid horrid ppl.

i'd just say ' if you have a problem with my horse being near yours, you have a problem with me being near your horses'

Bex7

Visit site
Tell them to "sh*g off"

I would not be doing anything for these people or taking any notice of their madness!

If they want to run around bringing their horses in because of the deadly "bog pony disease" then more fool them. Infact being the stubborn annoying cow that I am I would purposefully make them run around moving their horses out of your way.

Let the comments wash over you safe in the knowledge that you have one smexy new horse and certainly don't go out of your way for them!

xx

BBs

Visit site
I am 100% sure miss eventer is jealous! no two ways about it!

Umm is the eventer at Aldon this weekend
wink.gif
Im grooming for Miss De Meena there.... I could keep a spy eye out if you like
wink.gif

And as for bog pony! I would have either of your coloured horses in an instant!

I would either go and find a nicer yard (as this all sounds very unsettling to me) or pluck up the courage and tell mother and daughter they can find some other mug to do their top event horses!

Bri

Visit site
I absolutely love my yard. Am incrdibly happy there and wouldn't move for the world. My YO is fantastic - he can't really say anything because they're so subtle. He doesn't stand for any of their rubbish and doesn't particularly like them. Needs the money though so can't ask them to go!

Everyone on the yard thinks they're a bit odd. L.M.E can be pleasant when she wants though so everyone jsut tends to ignore them when they're being funny. Only me and the YO that see her day in, day out - all the others are just weekends riders.

BBs is Aldon cornwall,devon way? If so then yes she is!!!
smirk.gif

Bri

Visit site
Hasten to add I totally agree - love my coloureds.
Obviously as I have two matching ones
grin.gif

'scruffy gypsy pony' is very much her attitude!!

BBs

Visit site
Oh right! I guess that makes it slightly easier if there arent many ppl down there or only at the weekends then
smile.gif

I just know when i was on a yard with similar kinda ppl although I loved my yard, I got to the stage where I didnt want to go because I just couldnt be doing with the hassle and hated confrontation!

Now however i have my own gaff and I love it
smile.gif

Yep Aldon is in Somerset! Im there from tomorrow
smile.gif
as MdeM is doing the 3DE

filly190

Visit site
After reading your post, it is a little confusing, to consider it properly we would need a better background of the history.

Firstly why she is keeping her horse away from yours.

You have answered why you are helping, but what the hell are you getting out of it for yourself.

You are clearly going to have to do her horses now that it is too late, however you could stick a bill in her hand when she comes back, give her a blasting mouthful and walk away, never to speak to them again.

I would never allow anyone to degrade me in this manner and really "stand up for yourself" dont be a wimp and moan about it, do something.

She needs "you", you - DONT NEED HER. Make your life more pleasent and keep away from her. You seem drawn like a magnot to these people. Take pleasure in dumping them, smile to yourself and crack on with your own life.

I'm not being horrible, facts are facts. These people are taking away your pleasure, your "me" time with your horse is being spoilt. Dont work like made to pay for your horse(s) to have some idiot take away the fun in it for you.

Be selfish, look after number one and your animals, thats what we all "pay" for. Horses dont come cheap and I would be dammed if I would allow someone to make me unhappy.

WishfulThinker

Just up from that street on the right.....
Visit site
I wouldnt do her horses, but if you have to - just bill her for it!!
I remember people being like that about my boy!! Funny how he was good enough for them to go and see when he was advertised as a hack though, when they saw him jump and prance about then they started getting bitchy...........

Nowt as queer as folk!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Tell her you'll still do her horses for her........but for a price, don't do it for free, charge them quite a heifty amount. If they say they're not paying you, tell them to bollock off....simple
grin.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
There is no way i would do her horses.... and i would have told her to piss off along time ago!!!!! Sorry but thats me, i just would NOT put up with that, its damn right rude! I'd take the mick out of her horses, see how she likes it.... what a cow!

rach1984horse

Visit site
Do her horses for her if you don't want to feel bad leaving her in the lurch. Moral high ground for you.

If she is as hot on worming as you say she is, collecting some earth worms over the weekend, then dumping them in stable just before she returns could have amusing results.

Or am I just imature..?

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Argghhhh... I detest passive aggressive people.

No way would I do her horses. I'd tell her straight. You're fed up of her and her mother's attitude and until they're prepared to behave like adults you'd rather have nothing to do with them. Plus you could point out that if they don't want your beautiful new mare near their horses for fear of infection/worms or whatever then how can they want you to do their horses... after all wouldn't you act as carrier between your mare and theirs? Or do they expect you to disinfection yourself before touching their horses?

The only way to deal with people like that is to speak your mind and take no nonsense. If they try and argue back or have a go at you just say you won't talk to them unless they are civil, turn your back and walk away.

Then go home, get a couple of voodoo dolls and stick some pins in
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I would not do her horses and yes, I would drop her right in it now - but if someone treats me like sh*t my normal sunny nature can turn into a bit of a cow. Tough luck if she can't go away. If you really don't want to rock the boat, you have just gone down with a bad cold.

I do have suffered from the pikey pony attitude, mainly when my little mare has just beaten a nice WB at dressage - what fun
grin.gif

Actually good gypsy horses go for far more money than your average horse - so hold your head up and ignore those who know nothing about the breed.

I would also ride/lead my horse wherever and whenever I wanted to on the common areas of the yard, provided it is not causing a problem, ie leaping all over the place - it is them that have a problem not you.

Personally they sound like rude, ignorant cows - I would cut them dead.

If you want, borrow our clydie - 16.3 of very hairy beast and he will walk over anything in his way with a rider onboard, so you can just push them out of your way with him - very effective. If you really want to pee them off, I can attach my little gypsy cob - frightened of nothing and a true hairy gypsy bred beast - that should do the trick.

airedale

Visit site
totally agree - definitely wouldn't touch one of her horses now to help - after all - humans can get ringworm and transfer it to horses :)))

as for the field thing - I'd suggest to the YO that LME gets allocated a different field - one that isn't near the arena - obviously "to avoid any stress to LME horses" and also to enable everyone to use the arena without "worrying that LME horses might be upset"

do it tongue in cheek and with a big grin and then wait for the flak when lme gets told she's having a different field

personally - I'd have NOT 'waited a minute' and I'd have picked up a lunge whip and started loose schoolign my horse - preferably with lots of bucks, kicks, squeals and gallops :))

(but then I wouldn't accept being spoken to like that and LME/mother would have had their ears burning by the time I'd finished with them)

Bri

Visit site
She's a flaming nightmare. I've done them a few times before when things were reasonably okay between us - but she just pushed me a bit too far this time.
She's always paid me in the past - but not worth the money imo!!
She's gone now so will be calling her to let her know she has to find some other mug to do her horses for her!
Thanks for all the advice!
grin.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
is she concerned about swamp fever?
Just a thought as it is a problem over here at the moment on a small scale- but agree with others, don't have anything to do with her!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry bt she is obv as thick as pig shite if she thinks that a horse can get worms from looking at one that may/may not!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL and totally agree
grin.gif
grin.gif

I also think you should tell the little madam to take a hike, who does she think she is to slag you and your horse off one minute and in the next ask you to do her horses...............noooooooooooooooo don't you dare do them!

icestationzebra

Visit site
Do her horses for her? It would be all I could do to stop my hands reaching round both of their necks and squeezing very hard. Tell them to get stuffed until they can find a civil tongue in their heads!