am I over- reacting?

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
ok I went to see my horse yesterday evening. I got there to find her soaking wet (we'd had a bit of rain) and the light weight sheet that I had put on had just been screwed up and left outside the field. I was annoyed because a number of small ponies which have been grazing the verges (the gate keeps them in but its seperate from the paddock) had done poos on it and trod all over it. Now I don't mind if someone took it off cos they thought she might have been hot but it really annoyed me as the rug was expensive thats she just left it outside the field to get sopping wet. Its ripped in three places and I will have to try and repair it tonight .. grrr. Also said person could have put it back on again - she has to have something on at night cos the mosquitoes get her really badly....

Jellicle

Visit site
I don't think you're being unreasonable, I wouldn't like it if someone took my horse's rug off without asking, and I'd definitely be annoyed if they left it somewhere to get trampled! Do you know who did it?

PennyJ

Visit site
Not at all. If it was me I'd be very angry about this, and be asking whoever left it there to stump up for repairs/replacement of the rug.

Tia

Visit site
Have you signed a Terms and Conditions? Saying that everything you take to the yard is at your own risk?

mickey

Visit site
That lack of thought would really make me unhappy. I would be just as upset as you....A lack of thought/effort and now you have a torn rug.....

cazza

community.webshots.com
Just out of interest how ripped was it, would someone have taken it off as it had got caught up around her and so they were worried it may cause her harm or rip further. Could they have placed it over the fence and it has just blown onto the floor. Sorry if this sounds a bit callous but it may just be someone trying to be nice and not realising it went wrong.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It was more than likely ripped whilst on the horse I would have thought. So maybe it was taken off for that reason?

Perhaps just ask who removed it and what the problem was??

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Just asked now, they thought she was too hot and would prefer it off although they added she wasn't sweating or anything underneath it- they didn't say anything else, no apology. Plus its electric fencing so don't think hanging the rug on it would be wise.

Gentle_Warrior

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just out of interest how ripped was it, would someone have taken it off as it had got caught up around her and so they were worried it may cause her harm or rip further. Could they have placed it over the fence and it has just blown onto the floor. Sorry if this sounds a bit callous but it may just be someone trying to be nice and not realising it went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

just what I was about to say
grin.gif

JadeWisc

Visit site
Could the horse have gotten it off somehow ?

Seems likely to me and certainly nobodys fault.

If someone did remove it, then only common courtesy would tell you to place it in a safe place like your tack area/stall

If they threw it in the pasture I would think that very rude and thoughtless

filly190

Visit site
Its a bit odd, as you are clearly there everyday to see to your horse. I would have a polite word with who-ever and ask that it does not happen again, I would also mention the damage.

If a rug were to be taken off, it would have been sensible to put it in a safe place.