Am I overreacting... someone fed my horse and I don't know what.

Pigeon

Visit site
So you are saying I am not allowed to reply to a public thread? You could ask admin to remove your posts if you don't want any replies?

Achinghips

Visit site
Well, you are either missing the point or looking for an argument. Anyone can disagree with me, I welcome discussion. But when forum members break the rules of the forum by using swear words to insult me, then that is not acceptable. If I I saw it happening to someone else I would also report them, rather then enjoy the drama with my popcorn , while someone got ripped apart. This is why the op was hounded off, which you apparently think is a shame.

Last edited:

Damnation

Visit site
But why did you feel the need to post that? And you can't censor who replies to your posts either, regrettably.

As for OP, I agree it is very sad if she feels that she was ganged up on, and that is maybe something to be aware of in the future - as it has happened a few times recently.

That is the problem with public forums - things can sound extremely blunt/black and white in text when the intention wasn't that way at all. For example I've received nothing but good advice from Goldenstar, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear at the time!! Also people post without reading the whole thread, so you do get a degree of repetition which is inevitable; it may feel like 'hounding' but it isn't!! I think that is what has happened here.

Maybe we should have a proceed with caution sign on the front page :p

Definately need a "Proceed with Caution" sign!

Yes, it can be easy to misinterpret the "tone" of someones typing but some people on here were just mean! :eek:

Tact! Ya'll need some tact! :D

NOISYGIRL

Visit site
Sorry but I wouldn't be amused, my horse has had lami in the past and a new member of staff gave him haylage instead of hay, I noticed straight away but he'd already eaten most of it. We have a no feeding other horses policy on the yard so that's a good thing. I am very careful what he is fed. It would be a crying matter if the horse was fed the wrong feed with something in it shouldn't have ! Mine is allergic to alfalfa and comes out in hives all over, is unable to have steroid injection due to lami risk, last time it took approx 3 weeks to go down

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
to get back to the original post when the OP was worried as her horse was lying down in the field which was unusual. i went to get my horse in tonight and my friends horse was laying down, i immediately thought something was wrong as it was not like him to lay down in the winter, sure enough he was badly lame and it took me ages to get him in. as i left my friend was calling the vet as we couldnt find anything obvious and he was in quite a bit of pain so didnt want to leave him overnight without pain relief...

horselady

Visit site
to get back to the original post when the OP was worried as her horse was lying down in the field which was unusual. i went to get my horse in tonight and my friends horse was laying down, i immediately thought something was wrong as it was not like him to lay down in the winter, sure enough he was badly lame and it took me ages to get him in. as i left my friend was calling the vet as we couldnt find anything obvious and he was in quite a bit of pain so didnt want to leave him overnight without pain relief...
I hope he is OK!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
he is much better this morning thankyou. he has bruised his heel somehow so is in today and enjoying his haylage, mine is also in as he is her field buddy and she doesnt like being out on her own...