Am I the numptie now? BIT colours!!!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
You shoulda said "Ooo I got all sorts, what are you looking for? I'll see what I can do"

:D:D:D

MissMistletoe

Visit site
I was browsing on Equestrian clearance earlier looking at bits and was met by a smattering of green bits, pink bits, blue bit and even leather covered bits in havana!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Oh Em Geeeee!!! They are even flavoured!!!!!

Great idea for youngsters I suppose??...??

Littlelegs

Visit site
My daughter would love one. Good job they aren't s/s or I would no doubt give in.
Op-you think that's bad, I had someone ask years ago if I would consider lending someone the very nice breastplate I had advertised till I sold it. And not someone I know, a random woman!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
oh the coloured flexi ones have been around for aaaaaaages, so last year:rolleyes::p now if they did coloured s/s ones i would be impressed:eek::D

never quite saw the point of a coloured mouthpiece, it's in their mouth fgs so you can't see it:confused:

PaddyMonty

Visit site
never quite saw the point of a coloured mouthpiece, it's in their mouth fgs so you can't see it:confused:
I despair sometimes with the lack of knowledge on this forum.
All that is required is a bit two sizes too big and then pull hard enough for horse to open mouth (despite over tight flash) and bit will be in full view. :p

Littlelegs

Visit site
My daughter could no doubt explain that pink mouthpeices have a use. Pink stirrup treads can't be seen but supposedly help her ride better. I imagine she would make up something along the lines of pony preferring pink & therefore going better. And looks prettier hung up. Not sure how anyone but a small child could think of a good reason though.
Ps paddy monty I am glad someone out there realises I am doing it right. I prefer to pull one rein at a time though to show it off fully.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
I despair sometimes with the lack of knowledge on this forum.
All that is required is a bit two sizes too big and then pull hard enough for horse to open mouth (despite over tight flash) and bit will be in full view. :p

:eek: oh what would we do without you PM, i will go out and replace all my bits tomorrow with oversize coloured ones:D

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I've also tried the flavoured ones - I can't taste anything at all:D

But the link to the leather covered bits is useful. They get really slimy and gross if you soak them first which is great for horses that get sore mouths and if you soak them in apple juice they are most acceptable to horses who have had a bad experience with bits in the past and are reluctant or youngsters who are just being introduced to bits.

Capriole

Visit site
Ive tasted the Happy Mouth ones and they taste of nothing to me.

I have seen some SS bits with a blue coating on the mouthpiece.

Littlelegs

Visit site
I've just looked at auslanders link, why on earth would you pay that for a sweet iron bit, especially when the blue fades?