Am I too heavy?

mini_b

Visit site
She does ask lots of questions and makes sure she feels you are both a good fit for each other. She always messages straight back when I have questions etc and seems like a very honest lady who cares about the horses

like I say I’ve heard only positives about her. And all her horses look like the sort I’d be looking at.
She might just be good at working folk out! Genuine question - does she ask for videos of you riding seems all this is done remotely?

mumof3

Visit site
She didn’t from me but the horse I’m getting is described as an easy ride and suitable for a novice, so seems ideal considering I’m just getting back into things properly. However, I’ve had a friend of a friend who did need to send her videos, but her horse was very different and definitely not a great fit for a novice or someone returning after a break x

mini_b

Visit site
She didn’t from me but the horse I’m getting is described as an easy ride and suitable for a novice, so seems ideal considering I’m just getting back into things properly. However, I’ve had a friend of a friend who did need to send her videos, but her horse was very different and definitely not a great fit for a novice or someone returning after a break x

that’s good that she’s being discriminate!
I do hope things work, please get him vetted before he leaves - it’s easy enough to sort remotely.
I wasn’t present at my last vetting nor did I use my usual vet. I found out who the owner used and then got someone recommended by others who visits that area.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
I've definitely remember conversations about the dealer previously but can't remember whether it was here or (more likely) on the cambridge horsepoo fb page. IIRC it was positive though, albeit it slightly different way of doing things to usual.

yes,someone on here had arranged to have a horse on trial and then changed her mind, she got her money back with no hassle as far as i can remember

L&M

Visit site
In answer to your 'actual' question, I wouldn't worry about your weight.

My partner is 12 1/2 stone and rides a 15.2hh tb x quarter horse, who is of light to medium build, and she carries him with no issues. He hunts her weekly over the autumn/winter and she is till full of running by the end of the day.

Good luck and hope the trial works out.

Last edited:

mumof3

Visit site
In answer to your 'actual' question, I wouldn't worry about your weight.

My partner is 12 1/2 stone and rides a 15.2hh tb x quarter horse, who is of light to medium build, and she carries him with no issues. He hunts her weekly over the autumn/winter and she is till full of running by the end of the day/

Good luck and hope the trial works out.
Thank you so much x

mumof3

Visit site
Hi Mum of 3.
Did you go ahead with this as I was contemplating? PM me if you would rather.
Hi Birker2020,

I did go ahead and the horse was lovely, just as described. However, unfortunately he was not right for me - through not fault of his own. Lynn was great and stuck to her word, and I received a full refund the evening he went back.

ive since tried a few horses and unfortunately tried a horse from a very dodgy dealer who was not as described and to cut a long story short I ended up coming off and breaking 3 ribs and puncturing my lung. 8 days in hospital and 5/6 weeks later still recovering has lead me to re think buying a horse again althogether :-(

In response to your question, if you’re contemplating buying from Lynn I would 100% recommend her x

mumof3

Visit site
Hi Birker2020,

I did go ahead and the horse was lovely, just as described. However, unfortunately he was not right for me - through not fault of his own. Lynn was great and stuck to her word, and I received a full refund the evening he went back.

ive since tried a few horses and unfortunately tried a horse from a very dodgy dealer who was not as described and to cut a long story short I ended up coming off and breaking 3 ribs and puncturing my lung. 8 days in hospital and 5/6 weeks later still recovering has lead me to re think buying a horse again althogether :-(

In response to your question, if you’re contemplating buying from Lynn I would 100% recommend her x

just to add that the horse I tried and come off of, was not on a trial period. I did it all the “proper” way, took someone with me to view etc and it didn’t work out well.

ihatework

Visit site
Hi Birker2020,

Ouchie, how gutting for you to get so injured. Hope you heal quickly and the confidence isn’t too knocked.
But also great to hear there are still good dealers out there.

Birker2020

Visit site
Hi Birker2020,

Thank you for your reply, i hope you feel better soon. I was going to pm you but unfortunately your profile doesn't allow me to x

Adoni123

Visit site
Probably depends on the ISH, I see a lot that are extremely narrow and basically and thoroughbred. I am about your weight and I may ride one but I wouldn't buy one as I'd want something a bit chunkier.
If it's a chunky stamp on the ISH, more draughty that thoroughbreddy, that's my ideal horse. I am quite a bit sorter than you and a 15.2hh is my favourite height. Depends on your build, balance, etc. If you are planning on losing weight to go back to 10.5 stone, I wouldn't worry at all. I always er on the side of caution in case I gain any weight lol