Am so excited

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
My pony is being used in a Monty Roberts tour next month 😀

I filled out an application form and sent it off thinking I'd hear nothing back. Friday I get a phone call from the team to say we've been selected and my pony sounds perfect to use. Am mega excited but very nervous as I know I'll be filmed and spoken to in front of a massive crowd on the night.

What if my pony attempts to flatten Monty, or even worse succeeds 😳didn't realise his 81.

Can't believe it, never dreamed we'd be picked to go to something like this.

LHIS

Visit site
Not all horses invited get selected - they will assess him on the day and then select only a couple to feature in the show. If he doesn't get selected for the show itself they will still work with him and help you with his issue.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I know they explainied all that to me. They'll have her assessed and checked by a vet then will be decided if she'll be used! They ask along a few more horses then needed incase of no shows as well.

LHIS

Visit site
If I remember rightly they ask about 3 times as many horses as they need. Last time I went they used in the show 2 bad loaders and a horse that was terrified of quad bikes. Of the ones they didn't use included a clipping problem, a bad catcher and a few others I can't remember. We tried to get one of ours in for a clipping problem but he didn't get selected.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
They ask for two extra horses then they need to attend in case of anyone not turning up.

My ponies clipping problem is extreme and from talking to them on the phone they've said she sounds fantastic for what they want. If they use her on the night brill if not never mind, I'll still get the help I want and I get to watch the demos for free. Win win really lol.

doodle

Visit site
My horse was invited along (he wasn't chosen and no "help" was offered but that is not my main gripe), it was an eye opening but in no way positive experience for both of us and I wouldn't even contemplate it again.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
I didn't post this topic for people to put down everything about going! Just sounds like some of you have nothing good to say because your horses never got used or helped and it wasn't all as perfect as you'd have liked!

What happens on the night I'll find out when the night comes and if my ponies used fantastic if not who cares to be honest. I'll keep an open mind until then.

What was me sharing some exciting news has now made me wish I didn't bother sharing! If I knew how to delete a thread I would do so to this one!

LHIS

Visit site
I didn't post this topic for people to put down everything about going! Just sounds like some of you have nothing good to say because your horses never got used or helped and it wasn't all as perfect as you'd have liked!

What happens on the night I'll find out when the night comes and if my ponies used fantastic if not who cares to be honest. I'll keep an open mind until then.

What was me sharing some exciting news has now made me wish I didn't bother sharing! If I knew how to delete a thread I would do so to this one!

What? I commented because I had something to contribute having experienced this. From your post you said 'we have been chosen' or words to that effect, but because I know an invitation doesn't guarantee inclusion in the show I pointed it out.
My comments we'rent meant as snarky and if you interpreted them as such then I'm sorry.
Like I said above you will get the help you need either way.

doodle

Visit site
Like I say it wasn't because he wasn't chosen but seeing what goes on in the back ground of these shows (and it is simply a show) and the plain lies they fed the audience that put me off. When I asked what I could do to help my horse I was given shocking advice and certainly was given no help.

Charlie007

Visit site
I have been to one of his demos and quite enjoyed it BUT a friends horse was selected as they had had trouble breaking it to ride. Of course monty got a jockey on walking it round in no time. Unfortunately once home the horse was even worse and wasn't ever ridden again as far as I know. It certainly isn't a quick fix.

weesophz

www.facebook.com
well a horse that i know was chosen in a demo for loading issues, monty sorted him right out and hes never had a problem since. Owner moved yards a year after demo and horse still loaded like a dream. Im sure its different for every horse thats ever been chosen, theres no need to rain on OPs parade!!