Amazing!

polo_han

Visit site
Went out for first time today with my loopy polo pony and she was an angel!! Had such a good time with the Kimblewick, can't wait to go again!
I thought she would freak out/tank off/buck etc but she took to it like a duck to water and after all of my fretting I barely had to touch her mouth and we had a wonderful day, came home muddy, happy and hooked!
Us before we left...

picture.php

When we arrived back...!

picture.php

JenHunt

Visit site
exactly.... most just get a bit more excited!

If its any consolation.... (and it probably isn't!) we reckon Ron has passed the 150 day marker (in his lifetime) and still gets excited about it all. that said, he's sufficiently chilled out to snooze at the meet and when we stop! :D

polo_han

Visit site
Oh I see! :)

Well fingers crossed she will be OK! Today she didnt want to overtake anyone, just keep up with a pack...maybe that is what she is comfortable with aka polo style! I was so proud of her today though :)
Are there rules about how many times you can go out without subscribing? Today I paid a student/young person cap, how many times can I do this, it would be lovely to go out again this season before I lose my bottle!!

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Hi, glad you had fun today, was a good day :) there is a few different options about subs/caps, as above poster says you will be best to contact the secretary. Think I remeber seeing your horse today, will hopefully speak to you when you are next out, pm me I'm out fairly often :)

Mancha

Visit site
Ah glad you had fun, the kimblewick came past my yard a few times today my horse has been off his trolley all day! :)

polo_han

Visit site
Gutted! Since that day when I became totally hooked, my poor Landrover has died! And so I cant get to any more meets, secretary kindly gave me some more dates but now I can't get there! :(

Sorry just wanted to vent!!

VoR

Visit site
has anyone warned you about the 2nd day?

BDH that's just plain nasty!! :D:D:D

Gutted! Since that day when I became totally hooked, my poor Landrover has died! And so I cant get to any more meets, secretary kindly gave me some more dates but now I can't get there! :(

Sorry just wanted to vent!!

Contact the secretary see if anyone lives near you/passes you, they may share a box for a contribution to diesel costs???

JenHunt

Visit site
BDH that's just plain nasty!! :D:D:D

Contact the secretary see if anyone lives near you/passes you, they may share a box for a contribution to diesel costs???

wasn't meant to be, and tbh she looks so happy in the photos i'm not sure she will be a handful!

agree with trying to find a lift, alternatively can OP have to any meets?

VoR

Visit site
wasn't meant to be, and tbh she looks so happy in the photos i'm not sure she will be a handful!

agree with trying to find a lift, alternatively can OP have to any meets?

No I know it wasn't meant to be nasty and it is so true, just thought it was funny :)

Do you mean 'hack' btw?

polo_han

Visit site
I didn't take it as nasty :) thanks for all of your advice, i think the upcoming meets are too far to hack so I might speak to the secretary re: lift sharing, I just really want to go again and see if my little madam will be as well behaved on our 2nd trip!! ;-)

polo_han

Visit site
Will do :) have emailed secretary so fingers crossed..!

And in the mean time if anyone is with the Kimblewick and fancies sharing diesel costs to meets (am based in the Wallingford area) please message me.

Thanks everyone :)

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
Will do :) have emailed secretary so fingers crossed..!

And in the mean time if anyone is with the Kimblewick and fancies sharing diesel costs to meets (am based in the Wallingford area) please message me.

Thanks everyone :)

Might be able to if its a weekday...but full at weekends..PM me if interested :)

Mariposa

Visit site
Wow - so impressed polo_han! I haven't been brave enough to take either of my loopy polo ponies out, although having seen this I might have to brave it next season!

polo_han

Visit site
Mariposa you definitely should! She seemed to love it, and I met lots of other polo players and polo ponies whilst we were out! Are you anything to do with La Mariposa polo club by any chance? :)

Mariposa

Visit site
I will definately try it, one of mine pops over logs, I'm sure she'd love it ( possibly a bit too much!!)

I'm not with La Mariposa ( although both the UK and argentine clubs look gorgeous), my user name is one of our old ponies :)