Amber is in foal!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Well there’s a turn up! Amber clearly prefers going on a proper date ? she’s old Skool. Bet the stallion quite likes this arrangement too. Black ID sounds fabulous. Hope all goes well for you. Do you know much about the dad‘s background?

Well I am scrambling now to find out more! At the time I was just told RID, nice chap. As I gave Amber virtually no chance of conceiving, I was not really invested in finding out more.

But anyway his name is Ebony Duke and he is here if you scroll down a bit.

https://irishdraughthorses.weebly.com/news.html

Best laid plans, eh. And that means our yard has had 2 BOGOFS this year and will have 3 planned foals next year! Can't wait.

TheMule

Visit site
Well I am scrambling now to find out more! At the time I was just told RID, nice chap. As I gave Amber virtually no chance of conceiving, I was not really invested in finding out more.

Best laid plans, eh. And that means our yard has had 2 BOGOFS this year and will have 3 planned foals next year! Can't wait.

He has good jumping lines and looks a nice athletic sort himself. Chunkier than some modern IDs, but I think you'll get a very useful sort

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

You're going to get a cracking useful good looking baby from that pairing!

I like him a LOT!

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
What a stunning looking horse. How exciting for you!

If you get the colours of Amber’s dam and sire, and of his dam and sire, I’m sure someone here will be able to tell you the probability of each possible outcome.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site

He is gorgeous!

I'm Dun

Visit site

If you get the colours of Amber’s dam and sire, and of his dam and sire, I’m sure someone here will be able to tell you the probability of each possible outcome.

Already been done further up :) Black, bay or chestnut. If amber doesnt have agouti then black or chestnut

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

Asha commented up thread that he has only thrown bays and blacks, that combined with his ancestors being bay, black or grey (which is irrelevant because he can't have it), it is unlikely that he has a hidden Chestnut gene, which would exclude Chestnut as a possibility. The probability of bay or black is then dependent on whether Amber has Agouti and if so how many she has - unlikely to be able to tell from her parents definitively either way.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Amber is by Beach Ball who is Chesnut. Her dam was bay. Damsire was Classic Vision who is bay. Bay or Black would both be fab and relieved grey is not possible! I love Dolly but I’ve had enough of greys!!

Where I got one of my Arab's from only breed bay chestnut and black as the breeder doesn't like greys, I know by a lot of there pairings chestnut and black often throw black.

Clodagh

Visit site
That is so exciting! Sensible girl is Amber.
He looks lovely. I don't care what colour the foal is but I am a fan of four white socks, does Amber have any white?

ETA went and looked at your blog and she is beautiful. Very best of luck. :)