American Olympic Team & Christian Athletes to be Fed with Halal Meat

glennmiller

New User
Visit site
http://boycotthalal.com/halal-menu-olympics/

QUOTE: American Olympic Team & Christian Athletes to be Fed with Halal Meat

London, 27 July, (Asiantribune.com):
The 2012 Olympics is leaving a bad taste in many Athletes mouths since they found out the British assured food standard meat is 100% Halal!

This is the deceit and hypocrisy of UK supermarket chains and slaughter houses which, whilst trumpeting the ‘Britishness’ of their products, surreptitiously purvey Halal meat to the general public and the Olympic teams.

Halal is the Islamic method of religious slaughter whereby a live animal has its throat slit whilst being blessed in the name of Allah and it can take up to six minutes to die.

In a investigation it was revealed that supermarkets, butchers and other retailers, restaurants, cafes and the food production and catering industry as a whole, all source from suppliers who serve Muslim as well as non-Muslim customers.

Some of these suppliers process all their meat to Halal standards. For example, all New Zealand lamb meet’s Halal standards. And all British lamb and chicken is Halal. In these cases all processes still meet the same stringent animal welfare requirements it is claimed and some animals are stunned prior to slaughter whether the meat is sold as Halal or non-Halal but all is Islamically blessed so it can be used for both the Muslim and non-Muslim market.

The American Olympic national team are being forced fed by this crawl meat which is blessed with the same words used by the 911 hijackers in the cockpit as they crashed into the world trade centre, French Athletes from their national squad whose country has just suffered a Islamic terrorists killing, Jewish children outside a school are also being forced fed by London 2012 officials with Halal meat.

The meat is not Labeled in the UK, So shoppers and catering industry do not know they are in fact eating Halal. It’s hidden truth came out from email press statements made by several supermarkets that meat sourced in the UK is all pressed Halal so they can serve the 4% of the population with religious slaughter Islamically blessed meat.

India whose Olympic team might also object under religious grounds being Hindus and Spain, Denmark and Russia are just a few who could ask London 2012 organizers what are we eating as British Red Tractor meat according to all major supermarkets is in fact now slaughtered islamically to save packaging costs.

As the world looks at London, the British meat industry gets ready to show off some of it’s finest meat, forgetting to tell anyone that in fact there’s not much that is British in the method it is slaughtered. The reason why the abattoirs are slaughtering most meat Halal now, is to sell the parts of the carcass that most British people 96% of them don’t use, to other markets 4% Muslims who do use it.

This minimizes food waste, keeps prices down for customers and helps our farmers say’s meat retailers.

Christian Athletes who are being forced fed Islamic meat in the Olympic village like the American team!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Thank you for highlighting this. I object to being sold unlabelled halal meat in supermarkets too. Stopped buying lamb because of this.
Why on earth would the majority of the British public want to eat halal meat ? A choice would be good.

eahotson

Visit site
Is this a complaint about animal welfare or a 'Christian' anti muslim rant? The post smacks of racism to me.Large swahes of Muslims are perfectly decent people.They have some scum for sure, don't we all!

PolarSkye

Visit site
Glenmiller - welcome to the Forum. We always like to hear from new members and share common experiences with others who love and care about horses. Please introduce yourself - tell us about your interest in horses, riding and equestrian sports.

If you have no interest in anything to do with horses, please take your incoherent, overtly political and heavily biased rant somewhere more appropriate.

Thank you.

PolarSkye

perfect11s

Visit site
Thank you for highlighting this. I object to being sold unlabelled halal meat in supermarkets too. Stopped buying lamb because of this.
Why on earth would the majority of the British public want to eat halal meat ? A choice would be good.
Yes barbaric practice, however people are more worryed about apeaseing a religion that has no respect for others so it will continue....

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Perhaps this article in the daily mail is a more informative and non-racist article regarding the non labeling of halal meat being sold in supermarkets and food outlets.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-M-S-dont-tell-meat-ritually-slaughtered.html

It seems strange that we can have meat labeled as non GM, organic, corn fed, etc. etc, but we are not given the information as to whether it is halal or not. The information would give consumers a choice. How many people in the UK would actively seek to buy halal ? Percentage-wise, very few.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Wow - that has to be one of the most balanced articles in the Daily Fail that I've ever read - shame all their articles aren't like that!!

Much better than the other article which just appeared to want to go off on a racist rant - not really interested in that...

I agree that all meat should be labelled if its halal - people (all people, regardless of religion or race) should be able to make an informed choice about their purchases.

misterjinglejay

Visit site
Glenmiller - welcome to the Forum. We always like to hear from new members and share common experiences with others who love and care about horses. Please introduce yourself - tell us about your interest in horses, riding and equestrian sports.

If you have no interest in anything to do with horses, please take your incoherent, overtly political and heavily biased rant somewhere more appropriate.

Thank you.

PolarSkye

Well said! Yes, the practice is cruel and inhumane, however religion shouldn't come into this arguement.

ihatework

Visit site
That is really quite scary - I would never voluntarily choose to consume halal meat yet am being mis-led into doing just that? Yet another reason only to buy meat locally.

I don't support the racist inflammatory way the OP was written, but the topic I do support being raised, speechless.

Shutterbug

Visit site
That is really quite scary - I would never voluntarily choose to consume halal meat yet am being mis-led into doing just that? Yet another reason only to buy meat locally.

I don't support the racist inflammatory way the OP was written, but the topic I do support being raised, speechless.

Agree

My employer provides Halal meat in the canteen - but the staff cant tell me if all the meat is halal prepared so I don't eat any of it - I am entitled to a choice too and have complained to my senior management.

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Is this a complaint about animal welfare or a 'Christian' anti muslim rant? The post smacks of racism to me.Large swahes of Muslims are perfectly decent people.They have some scum for sure, don't we all!
Agree.
There have been many a Christian terrorist too ya know. It is also possible to be a Muslim AND British, I would like to think the Olympics has shown us diversity and inclusion. I think the OP needs to rethink what is means to be 'British'.
Yes I think the food should be appropriately labelled but the most important think to think about is the animals welfare!

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
What about any American athletes who are muslims?

I'm sure they would like to know what they are eating too. Correct labellling gives everyone a choice.
We all take for granted labels for vegetarians, ethically farmed meat, free range eggs.... why are we prohibited from knowing how our meat is slaughtered ?

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
I'm sure they would like to know what they are eating too. Correct labellling gives everyone a choice.
We all take for granted labels for vegetarians, ethically farmed meat, free range eggs.... why are we prohibited from knowing how our meat is slaughtered ?

Was aimed at the OP. I wouldn't take the stuff he's just spammed here at face value.

Freddie19

Visit site
This is total and absolute rubbish, British Assured Meat is NOT I repeat not butchered to Halal standards. I do not know who you are or what your agenda is, but take it elsewhere. If the horse and hound posters on this forum, do not believe me, please feel free to visit your nearest slaughter house. I love my animals, my husband for many many years was a top class butcher, we do not like Halal slaughter methods, and indeed would never never have anything to do with them. I have complete and utter respect for the majority of slaughter houses in the nation. They try and treat all the animals coming through their doors with respect. The job is not a pleasant one, but until this country comes competely veggie, animals will continue to be slaughtered and eaten. So once again I repeat that although there may be Halal meat available in the Olympic village for those whose religion demands it, It is not all the same.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Freddie, you are incorrect. Halal meat is not labelled as such and is widely sold in supermarkets and resturants/ takeaways.

At present the RSPCA is campaigning for the labelling of produce that has been slaughtered without stunning so that consumers have a choice, which at present, we do not.

Unless you buy from a local butcher or farm shop, or the supermarket's 'Freedom Food' meat, the meat may very likely, be halal.

Pork is obviously safe.

Copperpot

Visit site
I would like meat to be labelled too so I can make an informed
choice. And for companies such as McDonalds etc to also disclose their slaughter methods.

Kat

Visit site
No one is being force fed anything OP. Each and every person has the choice about what they eat. If eating Halal meat is a concern for someone then they have the option to either satisfy themselves that the meat meets their own moral standards or they can reject it all together.

If people are too lazy or too ambivalent to investigate or source alternatives then they obviously aren't that bothered.

Force feeding is generally restricted to prisoners on hunger strike, and people who have been sectioned. This is because they are rejecting all food to the detriment of their health and not because they object to religiously slaughtered meat. Force feeding does not occur in schools, or restaurants or in the athletes village at the Olympics.

Stop exaggerating for effect it just makes you look ridiculous.

MagicMelon

Visit site

There's nothing racist about this post at all?! The arguement is that why should we ALL have to eat halal meat? I dont like my choice being taken away, by them not labelling meat. Im horrified that so much supermarket meat is halal as standard, thats ridiculous.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I wouldnt want to eat Halal meat and that is from a welfare prospective rather than a religious one that is why our meat is purchased from the local butcher.

My daughters boyfriend was disgusted to learn that only halal was served in the canteen where he is at college.

A lot of people who dont see halal on the label will believe it to be from humanely slaughtered animals and it needs to be labeled as such to give people the choice.

Luci07

Visit site
Another whom agrees meat should be labelled. I do buy locally but would like the option of buying say, burgers from sainsburys! Will toddle off to research this now!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Funny,don't recall anyone ever ranting and raving from the rooftops about Kosher meat.....or the cooking technique for lobsters or crabs (straight into boiling water for many of them....)

Freddie19

Visit site
Funny,don't recall anyone ever ranting and raving from the rooftops about Kosher meat.....or the cooking technique for lobsters or crabs (straight into boiling water for many of them....)

With you on this one CC, have never or could never eat lobsters or crabs because of this fact. Have to say again, I take all this "only meat served in works canteen is halal". With a large question mark. Times have not changed that much.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
It is a pity that OP uses a quotation which (as someone else has said, can't remember who) is exceedingly unhelpful in that it leans towards racist & inflammatory rhetoric; there's a whole wealth of this stuff readily available on scare-mongering websites, a lot of which are run by fundamentalist extreme Christian groups regrettably.

I for one think that the whole issue of food labelling goes nowhere near far enough; and wouldn't personally choose to buy Halal meat simply because of the welfare issues involved. I feel as a consumer I should have the choice; either buy or don't buy - and should be given the information at point of sale so that I am able to make an informed choice.

However: I am sure that OP, as they are obviously new to this forum, will take this important issue to a forum where it can be debated properly and where there is a pressure group which can bring pressure to bear in an informed way via parliamentary and other channels.

But as a predominantly equine and country pursuits forum, this may not be the appropriate place??

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Email recieved from tesco yesterday. All chicken and New Zealand lamb is halal. However if you buy the more expensive ranges such as British organic lamb and chicken, or the Finest Free Range lines, these will not be halal. So, there's your choice, you need to buy premium lines for non halal meat. No mention of labelling either.
Well, isn't that great for families on a low income during a recession.:rolleyes:

Here's a copy of the email.-

Dear Marie

Thank you for contacting us regarding the sale of Halal meat in our stores.

We sell Halal meat in our stores to meet customer demand and to demonstrate that everyone is welcome at Tesco.

I would like to reassure you that we require all slaughter processes in our supply chain, including Halal, to meet our stringent animal welfare requirements. In every case, the animal is stunned before slaughter so that it is insensible and feels no pain.

Like all other major UK supermarkets, we source from suppliers who serve Muslim as well as non-Muslim customers. Some of these suppliers process all their meat to Halal standards. For example, all New Zealand lamb meets Halal standards. In these cases, all of our processes still meet the same stringent animal welfare requirements and all animals are stunned prior to slaughter whether the meat is sold as Halal or non-Halal.

We understand that there are some customers who, for religious reasons, would like to know if the meat they are eating is Halal. We are very happy to be entirely transparent about this.

All fresh meat we sell is not Halal, except for lamb and chicken and of those ranges we can absolutely assure you that if you buy British organic lamb and chicken as well as the Willow Farm and Finest Free Range lines, these will not be Halal either.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I hope that the above information is helpful.

Kind regards

Sarah Taylor
Tesco Customer Service

HBM1

Visit site
With you on this one CC, have never or could never eat lobsters or crabs because of this fact. Have to say again, I take all this "only meat served in works canteen is halal". With a large question mark. Times have not changed that much.

Actually I heard first hand this week from someone who works in catering at Heathrow that ALL meat served there is Halal. She said "no one knows it is", so they do not label it as such. My objection to eating Halal meat is that I do not like how it is killed and I want to know why we are frowned upon for not wishing to eat Halal, yet Muslims will not touch our meat and that is ok. Surely we all have the right to choose, not just one religion? If I go out for a curry, I expect to eat Halal meat as I obviously would not expect those making the meal to go against their beliefs However, when I am purchasing from a canteen or a supermarket, I want the choice on an equal footing to anyone else thanks.

Edited to add that one of the places I work currently label their sandwiches as to whether they are halal or not, as well as their hot meals, so if they can do it, why can't they all.

Last edited:

Freddie19

Visit site
Actually I heard first hand this week from someone who works in catering at Heathrow that ALL meat served there is Halal. She said "no one knows it is", so they do not label it as such. My objection to eating Halal meat is that I do not like how it is killed and I want to know why we are frowned upon for not wishing to eat Halal, yet Muslims will not touch our meat and that is ok. Surely we all have the right to choose, not just one religion? If I go out for a curry, I expect to eat Halal meat as I obviously would not expect those making the meal to go against their beliefs However, when I am purchasing from a canteen or a supermarket, I want the choice on an equal footing to anyone else thanks.

Edited to add that one of the places I work currently label their sandwiches as to whether they are halal or not, as well as their hot meals, so if they can do it, why can't they all.

I would like to think that someone (maybe me) will give the caterers at Heathrow the opportunity to answer this.

HBM1

Visit site
I would like to think that someone (maybe me) will give the caterers at Heathrow the opportunity to answer this.

Give them a ring, I am not saying it in a negative way, I am just letting people know that it is not always the case that people know what they are eating. One of my current managers is a Muslim, she is fasting currently, but on occasion will bring food into the office. I do not refuse it because it is halal, but I do know it is. Equally, if I ever bring any foods into the office (if there is an office function etc) I will ensure I make it using Halal meats/eggs/fish etc. This is not about religion, or culture, I value all cultures, and work with pretty much all cultures, - it is about food choice and everyone being on an equal footing.

ps, the company providing the catering at Heathrow I referred to is this one

http://www.eurestservices.co.uk/

JVB

Visit site
Blimey I had no idea! Looks like I'm ok in Sainsbury's on the whole but no more lamb it would seem! And I've got a nice lamb shoulder joint in the freezer, not sure how I feel about eating it now...