amigo/horseware rugs

Shavings

Visit site
looking at buying chance a new fly rug

i have the option of buying one with the "new" disc front closer

wanted to know if any one has used one?

i though it might be better as it would spread the pressure across the chest compared to a straight forward buckle

how chance is rather wide in the chest so not sure it will be right for him?

any one used one on a big chested horse??

Duke

Visit site
I personally don't like the disc fastening. My summer sheet is in its second year and the top velcro just undoes itself even though its been thoroughly cleaned. The bottom strap is fine for now but i don't like the front of the rug only being held closed by velcro.

whiteflower

Visit site
I also hate the disc fastening, I won't buy any of their rugs that have them having had one which I gave away after the velcro kept coming undone and I didn't want the rug coming of backwards and causing damage when it got caught in the back legs ! I also think they fit slightly higher and snugger round the neck. I don't like the fit. Really hoping they move back to their old fastenings as if they change them all to those fastenings I'll be looking for another brand having been a faithful horseware buyer for all my clan for over 20 years.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I'm another one who loves Horseware rugs as they fit my big chested Welsh cob nicely, but wouldn't buy anything with the disc front.

oldie48

Visit site
I love mine, it fits Rose really well and so far not had any problem with it coming undone. Bot it on the fly rug and the outdoor rug but both were bought this year so with time I might change my mind.

C1airey

Visit site
If you have something with a lot of front/big neck you’re generally better with traditional strap closures. The disc makes the front of the rug sit quite high which can make it very tight on some horses when they drop their heads to graze.

Louby

Visit site
I wont buy them either after having an Amigo LW turnout that 2 of the straps came undone the first time she wore it, can only presume it happened when she rolled as she was out with one old pony so certainly not high jinks. I personally think its a crazy design for a rug designed for turnout.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I can't imagine why they thought to "improve" the trigger clip V fastening or the surcingle chest straps with plastic and velcro. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they think people will find it a novelty and buy them? ***Shakes head***

whiteflower

Visit site
I can't imagine why they thought to "improve" the trigger clip V fastening or the surcingle chest straps with plastic and velcro. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they think people will find it a novelty and buy them? ***Shakes head***

Cost I'm guessing ?? And novelty ?? Personally I like my half a tonne of horse to have its rug secured with metal and stitched webbing....not a flimsy piece of plastic and a bit of velcro ! Really hoping they get the feed back and go back to the old v clips as I love their rugs otherwise !