Amigo rugs - come up big?

SEL

Visit site
Anyone know if the normal (ie non heavy horse) Amigo's come up large around the neck? I need to get M a 50g rug and the usual companies I go for are all out in his size. Amigo do rainsheets for the heavies, but I want something with a bit of a fill.

He'll fit happily into the normal Ruggles range but the Shires Highlander are tight around the neck if that's any help!

https://www.redpostequestrian.co.uk...t-weight-turnout-rug--chocolateraspberry.aspx

Silver Clouds

Visit site
Not sure if it answers your question but the Amigos I bought 5+ years ago fit my horse really well, but when I bought a new turnout last year (identical size and type/design to an older one I had) it came up to big- poor horse looks like he's wearing a maternity dress! I haven't bought any rugs recently of other makes to compare with though.

Louby

Visit site
My young ISH, more TB though fits Shires really well. I bought an Amigo no fill recently and it fit her really well in her usual size. Shires do a 50g, I think its the cheaper Tempest range but its on its 2nd year and never leaked and still going strong.

Nari

Visit site
I find them good on my welsh cob, he's not massive round the chest & shoulders but he's certainly no tb!

9tails

Visit site
Amigo fit mine really well, she's not a TB and has a really good non-weedy neck. She's not an equine bodybuilder though.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have a cob x and bought him an Amigo bravo plus lite turnout in a 6’ to replace a knackered old Mio in the same size (fitted perfectly) it’s big on him! Not massive, as In I turned him out and he rolled (of course) in it before I realised it was actually too big.

ihatework

Visit site
They fit my 17hh welsh cob x TB perfectly. He’s reasonably deep through neck & shoulder but not particularly broad. Shires were too snug, the amigo bravo 12 perfect.

teddypops

Visit site
I use amigos on everything! TB, Welsh D, fat Connemara, Shetland etc!! But with turnout rugs, I usually go a size bigger.

AGray825

Visit site
They definitely come up small, my Welsh D is generally a 6ft in rugs, but her Amigo LW is 6'3 and fits her absolutely beautifully

So if you go up a size then they're brill.... but I wouldn't buy my horses normal size in Amigo and expect it to fit well

sportsmansB

Visit site
I prefer a PE on a chunkier type
I got a lightweight Amigo during the summer and even on my very polite gentleman it ripped after about 2 weeks
I wouldn't be getting another lightweight one

SEL

Visit site
I prefer a PE on a chunkier type
I got a lightweight Amigo during the summer and even on my very polite gentleman it ripped after about 2 weeks
I wouldn't be getting another lightweight one
PE would fit him - another livery has one - but he has ripped rugs to pieces in the past so I'm not willing to spend the money to see it trashed!!!

Nari

Visit site
It's worth keeping an eye on the PE site because they often have offers on, you might find the price difference isn't as bad as you expect.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They didn't fit either of my Arabs and moved around a lot I wouldn't buy them again, and they have a variety of rugs that fit well so i dont think its because they are awkward, masta come up big round the neck I tried one a few years back and it was massive.

SEL

Visit site
It's worth keeping an eye on the PE site because they often have offers on, you might find the price difference isn't as bad as you expect.
I will. I'd seem 50g Amigo in the sale so I was hoping for a bargain! Just got a Swish one ordered because I know that fits the other horse if it strangles him.