Amigo Rugs - Have they stopped doing smaller sizes?

Fruitcake

Visit site
I’ve just been looking for a new turnout for mini cob and can’t find an Amigo in 5’3” anywhere. They all seem to start at 5’6” now. He’s worn 5’3” Amigos for a few years now. I see they seem to do a pony range. Are the smaller sizes now in that range? He’s more like a scaled-down horse (quite chunky) so I’m not sure a pony style / cut would fit.

TGM

Visit site
Try Maxima Equestrian - they do some nice quality rugs that fit similar to Amigo and more reasonably priced with free delivery. Sizes range from 3' to 7'.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Just bought a 5’0 amigo for my Welsh A so yes they still do them. It was in their pony range and it’s fab, not stupidly long or deep and just right around the shoulders.

Fruitcake

Visit site
Just bought a 5’0 amigo for my Welsh A so yes they still do them. It was in their pony range and it’s fab, not stupidly long or deep and just right around the shoulders.
That's sort of my concern. My Sec A was a nightmare to get rugs for as they were all huge on the shoulders or too deep. This pony is like a mini horse. He's a little cob with wide shoulders and a wide back so I'm worried that something designed for a pony might be a bit snug! ?

I'm almost sure the 5'3" ones I have weren't from the pony range, but I might be wrong.

meleeka

Visit site
I think they are the same fit as usual, even though they are now marketing them as pony rugs. I bought one at the beginning of this year and it’s the same as one I’ve had for a few years.

reynold

Visit site
My 13.1 welsh is not a small girl - she takes a 5ft6 rug and is in the pony amigos. They fit her shoulder well and come up the right size.

I have both the unlined shower rug with no neck which she is wearing now outdoors as she isn't clipped yet, and the 200 fill winter rug with neck and the fit is the same on both.

She has been in the latter all winter for 3 years now with no rubs anywhere and she is clipped out on her body with just legs left on.