Amigo rugs

MochaDun

Visit site
I've not had one before and ordered up an Amigo Hero 6 but think they possibly are meant more for ponies rather than cobs/horses? I only say that as my pony takes 5'6" in rugs for everything and his normal brand fits well but this is too snug on the shoulder. Does anyone know if the Mio in the Amigo range is a slightly larger size than the Hero range? Mine's a 14.1hh cob/native pony X.

Charmin

Visit site
Amigo's have a tendency to run up a bit snug. My mare's a connie cross with quite a hefty shoulder and front end (full in breastplate despite being 14.2) takes a 6" in amigo and 5'9 in everything else :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've got a no fill Amigo Hero 6 on my HW traditional cob. Its a brilliant rug and fits him really well. I bought it as its a good quality rug that can have liners fitted to it. I bought it last year and it looks as good as new :) Hes only just pushing 14.2hh and is in a 6ft3 though

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Amigo Mios are the budget range and if anything are slightly snugger than the Amigo Hero/Bravos. I normally go up a size for Horseware rugs compared to Shires and Bucas. I have had a Rhino 'pony' rug and that was smaller than the Rhino horse version in the same size. They do the Amigo XL range for cobs and other chunky types. I use Horseware rugs a lot on my horses and like them very much.

BlackRider

Visit site
This is strange, I bought Apache a set of rambo stable rugs for christmas, but they where too tight on his neck (need to get the washed and sell them), but the amigo/ mio rugs fit him fine.

PS Apache is an arab, but he was cut late and has a big neck.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I've not used the Rambo stable rugs, so can't comment on them.

PS, I feel that this thread would be greatly improved with a photo of Apache wearing one of his Amigo rugs. ;) :D

rowan666

Visit site
Fantastic rugs, I find they are a great fit on my anglo and welsh ponies but can imagine them to be a little too snug on a heavy cob

Last edited:

friesian76

Visit site
I use Amigos on my freisian x . Hes quite deep round neck to shoulders. Amigo rugs fit him really well and I buy the usual size, I'm a big fan. The Mios are the budget range I don't have one of these so can'tcomment. I do have a Hero and Bravos. The Bravos have the attachments for the liners the Hero 6's don't. Think the difference is the hero 6 is 600d outers whereas the bravos are 12000d.

emmanash

Visit site
I love Amigo rugs and have just recently bought the Bravo 12 and had to actually send it back and get the size down as her usual size was too long! Very strange as I usually have to order a size up in Amigo rugs as they come up snug. I had an Amigo Mio but it was quite short and didn't come down her belly far enough so sold it. Country and Stable had some Amigo Bravo rugs for £59.95 recently which is where I bought mine from.

StormyMoments

Visit site
My medium weight Hero 6 comes up very small on my andalusian, it's a 5'9 but comes up more like a 5'3-5'6 (I used it on my 13.2hh nf and fitted fine) I would buy the next size up in the Hero 6... all of the other Amigo's have come up fine.

BlackRider

Visit site
I've not used the Rambo stable rugs, so can't comment on them.

PS, I feel that this thread would be greatly improved with a photo of Apache wearing one of his Amigo rugs. ;) :D

We aim to please :)

20140514008_zps92e08dc0.jpg