Amigo XL Turnout Rug vs Rambo Duo

MissGem

Visit site
I'm considering whether to get the Amigo XL or the Rambo Duo for my 16.2hh ISH, who is mainly Irish Draught. Does anyone have any experience of the XL heavy turnout? I'm wondering if the sizing around the neck will be better than a Duo, which is my preferred choice. Had lots of problems getting rugs to fit him - just sold an Optimo which was miles too big and have a lovely, hardly worn, Bucas Power Turnout, which is not deep enough on him.. can't keep buying new expensive rugs, so need to be as sure as possible that my next purchase is a good one!

Any suggestions?

HBM1

Visit site
I used to love Amigos and only ever bought them. However, since they changed to bring in different ranges I think they are dreadful. They no longer fit as they used to. I bought some Shires lightweights recently which fit all mine perfectly..even my currently quite narrow chested but tall boy. I haven't bought any mediums or heavyweights yet, but hope they will be just as good. I do like the look of rambos but at the cost I can't do that for several horses.

Kikke

Visit site
Both of mine wear amigos. Our big boy (Belgium draft) is always in amigo xl's. Most rugs are not deep enough for his neck and shoulda this fits perfect. Could've compare it for you because have not tried the Rambo.
But amigo all the way for us, very happy they now have the xl range.

HBrae2

Visit site
I don't think the rambo duo is particularly roomy around the neck - nothing like the optima anyway. Bit too tight for chunky native but fine for narrower ponies. I only have them in pony size though so not sure about the bigger sizes, they might be more roomy. Wasn't overly impressed with how waterproof the amigo I had was whereas the rambo's are great, never had a leak.

MissGem

Visit site
I have 2 Duos for my other horses, but they are smaller and finer. The one Duo is very old and I had to get a larger neck cover, however, I only bought the other last year and the neck cover on that is much larger. I love the Duos, but not sure whether it will be a wise decision for the ISH!