Amigo

Caritas

Visit site
How many of you have an Amigo lightweight turnout rug? I am interested of what you think of the fit, do you find them small or large for there size and has anyone had any trouble with them leaking? Many thanks

KatB

Visit site
Ive got the LWT and the HWT. Love them, fit spot on and never leaked. Horsewear have always been the best fit for my boy, and theyre super deep which i love. Have you had probs?

Caritas

Visit site
I do find that they are quite a tight fit around the chest and neck of my horse and a little short for size. I had one for a few years and it was fine, decided to replace it for a new one this year and it leaks around the tail flap and find the problems as i say above. My horse is never bigger than a 6 foot in any rug, I had to put an ordinary fillet string on the back as the strap cut him on his bottom where it has the metal fixing.

Fiona

Visit site
Haven't leaked, but lining IMO is not v strong cf rambo lining. Sophie's HM amigo is useless after 2 years as the lining is just disintegrating (all over so not able to patch). Have splashed out on HW rambo for this winter.
Fiona

_daisy_

Visit site
ive got 3 LWT ones and 1 MWT and absolutely love them. 1 LWT has stood up quite well to being completely trashed. Ive never had a problem with any of them leaking.
Going to buy another MW one for ponio

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
I have the LW turnout
grin.gif
I find them quite deep but I like it like that. And all of my horseware rugs are a little bigger than other brands. P is 6'6'' but in some h/w I can get away with 6'3''. Never had any problems with them leaking though.

RachelB

Visit site
Can't comment on size (my 6'6" horse came to me with two 7' Amigos...) but I have used the lightweight one as a spare rug all summer and despite having a 4" L-shaped rip in one side the rug has not leaked at all and has been brilliant. I wish I would have bought some new Amigos instead of a different brand!

ihatework

Visit site
I have the navy lw amigo (stronger denier one) and it it fantastic.
Never leaks, never rubs. Best value for money rug I have bought.
My horse is in a 6'6 which fits perfect but he is usually in between 6'3 and 6'6 so I would say the amigo comes up fractionally small.

Ginn

Visit site
I have the l/w (A pink one
smirk.gif
) and I think its great! So far it has stayed put and not slipped even a tiny bit on my horse who last year couldn't keep a rug where it was meant to be for love nor money! It fits her really well too and so far no leaks. But she has only had it on for about 2 weeks so is a little soon to tell how good it is.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I have the navy lightweight summery one (not the one which comes in lots of colours, there seem to be 2 types which is confusing but this one has the higher denier!).

Its been brilliant all summer. Im still using it now. Fabulous rug, only leaked ONCE in a serious downpour which lasted all day. Otherwise never leaked, never slipped (even without leg straps which I found odd), never rubbed.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have one, still going strong. This will be the third winter I've used it. It's the only style I can get that really suits my horse, the only rug he can't destroy (he destroys expensive rugs!), the only one that doesn't leak etc. Can't say enough good things about them.

In 2 winters it's been repaired once, and that was a tiny rip about the size of your thumbnail. It lasted autumn and spring last year with that rip in and didn't leak even with a hole.

Have to admit that this year I'm finding it's damp inside where the seams are.... but TBH when it only cost me £40 and is still waterproof and unripped in its third winter I can't really complain!