Amy Tryon hospitalised.

Puppy

Visit site
Mike Tucker has just said that following her fall on the XC, her knee has got very bad and she has a temperature which shall leave her hospitalised for some days before she is allowed to fly home.

Tinkerbee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
make her run on it and jump some hurdles........

[/ QUOTE ]

smirk.gif
Good plan

LauraBR

Visit site
I wonder if they suspect a joint infection if she has a temperature- not nice at all if that is what it is (I have been in hospital with the same before and it is awful!), can be rather serious too.

Regardless of her history and the controversy that surrounds her riding I hope she makes a swift recovery. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a massive gloat about it
frown.gif

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a massive gloat about it
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, neither do I. I was glad when she was eliminated, (but *braces herself* then I was with AN too
blush.gif
) But I would not wish any rider an injury. Hence why I just posted the facts.
smile.gif

My first thought was that if following an Olympic three day event, in those conditions, that if this is the greatest injury to all of the horses and riders (I may be wrong there, please someone correct me if I am) Then it is a great relief, and given recent tragedies,
frown.gif
very good for eventing.
smile.gif

lucretia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if they suspect a joint infection if she has a temperature- not nice at all if that is what it is (I have been in hospital with the same before and it is awful!), can be rather serious too.

Regardless of her history and the controversy that surrounds her riding I hope she makes a swift recovery. I really hope this thread doesn't turn into a massive gloat about it
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed ltz, you know how i feel on the subject.

Skhosu

Visit site
puppy-one of the horses had a fractured pastern/pedal bone (cant remember which) but I believe it had successful surgery, so in agreement with you there.

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
that if this is the greatest injury to all of the horses and riders (I may be wrong there, please someone correct me if I am) Then it is a great relief, and given recent tragedies,
frown.gif
very good for eventing.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Keymaster had a hairline fracture in his pastern I think, was taken away to be operated on after the XC.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Hmmm. This thread obviously is treating the news with the right amount of weight and seriousness, as you have not got told off by the manners monitor.
Yet I didn't mention forcing her to jump hurdles OR having her put down.
Funny old world, innit?

jules89

Visit site
mmm maybe she knows how le samauri felt (sp)
sorry i dont wish illness on anyone, especially as she needs her knees for her career
but karma.
im still sick from seein *that* footage

jules89

Visit site
also, just to add. i got on my ginger pony today and walking 200m he tried to trot. realising he was on 3 legs i got straight off, walked him back and tried to figure out the problem. its not hard to realise ur horse is on 3 legs. admittedly that is the first time ive ever had this happn but just made me think.

Puppy

Visit site
Ooops!! Thanks both, I stand corrected, but am glad to hear the op was a success. I hope Keymaster makes a speedy recovery.
smile.gif
H x

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Cheers YorksG. Oil has been poured on troubled waters.
Sadly, the initial subtlety of what I was trying (but being like a bull in a china shop, failing) to point out was lost:
The irony of her being in a great deal of pain with a leg.
I really wasn't gloating, or anything else. It just seems a remarkable piece of rough justice, where ever you look at it from!

gloster_image

Visit site
Puppy - I very much agree with your sentiment. I was expecting the worse from these games i must admit due to the weather conditions and some of the horses chosen to compete BUT am so greatly happy that, minus the injury to keymaster (that i believe has been successfully operated on) there were no serious injuries.

I am however choosing to refrain from commenting on AT's injury.

eventingdiva

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
make her run on it and jump some hurdles........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, she may just be a little unbalanced, give her a 200m sprint just to make sure, and throw in a few fences to see how it holds up
tongue.gif

Sorry but that woman can rot in hell for all i care

dozzie

Visit site
I think she should have had a longer ban. I think the reason she didnt have a longer ban was due to the Americans wanting her on their olympic team. She fell off and didnt win a medal. Neither did the team. For me that is enough.

I dont rate her as a rider and do not believe she could complete Badminton. I think we are spoilt by the quality of riders we see over here. We have the best in the world when it comes to eventing, whatever nationality.

Despite what happened, I wouldnt want her dead or to lose a leg.
frown.gif

Gonetofrance

Visit site
What she did to Le Samurai was unforgivable. And the tiny ban was not harsh enough. However, we have to move on, and I for one hoped that she would have perhaps taken stock of her riding practices.
The way she rode Poggio was disgraceful (as was the way AN rode LK) and both should have been pulled up about it. Patently she has not taken on board her criticisms, and luckily this time the horse did not pay the price. Perhaps the US selection committee need to take note, and have her face the reality of the way she rides, instead of hoping she'll get away with it and grab them a medal in the process.
Shame on her for risking another horse, and there was a karma in her falling off. I hope that with hindsight she does some thinking about where she is in the sport, and the disgrace she could continue to bring to it.
BUT ..........I cannot help feeling it is wrong to be pleased about her having a serious fever and an injury. That would make my attitude no better than hers.
confused.gif

Ezme

Visit site
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Voltaire

I hope it is career ending. I have heard she was a good firefigher, she should go back to that and stop putting animals in unessersary risk in an already risky sport.