An option for camping in a horse trailer

TPO

Visit site
I know theres been talk on here before about staying in trailers while at shows/camps etc and how it can be a bit whiffy and uncomfy.

Anyway this website just popped up on a fb page and I thought they might be of interest to some. I hadnt seen anything like them before.

I've no affiliation with the company but if they wanted to send me a free one for spreading the word I'd humbly accept ?

Anyway heres the site https://www.quaddock.co.uk/

mavandkaz

Visit site
I've seen these advertised before, and it's a good idea and seems quite comfy. Bit how on earth do you get in and out of them?! Especially if as in the pics on the website, you have 2 set up in the double trailer.
(PS I love the way the kids are left to sleep in the trailer, whilst mum and dad are....? Nice and cosy in a b&b? ?)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've seen these advertised before, and it's a good idea and seems quite comfy. Bit how on earth do you get in and out of them?! Especially if as in the pics on the website, you have 2 set up in the double trailer.
(PS I love the way the kids are left to sleep in the trailer, whilst mum and dad are....? Nice and cosy in a b&b? ?)
you might need to be the kid in order to do the getting in and out ;)

Tarragon

Visit site
I do like the look of these, and they are practical but a bit pricey. I use an old army camp bed.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have a fishermans bed, off Ebay for 35. I can sit sideways it to pull my socks on ☺
I think I'm too old for a hammock, I know my back definitely is past sleeping anything but level these days.
Good idea for young persons tho ?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Great idea but they have completely priced themselves out of the market - it's not a difficult thing to replicate either which doesn't help them.
Unless they company is particularly leveraged, or they have picked horrendously expensive materials I can't see how they can justify that price or anywhere near it!

Green Bean

Visit site
The other issue, apart from getting in and out, is that there is no insulation in the hammock so it will be cold. You could perhaps put in a yoga mat on the hammock but it seems like a lot of faff when you could just buy a camp bed. Although, having slept in the tent part of a caravan, even that gets cold. If I was to do it, I would go camp bed, blow up mattress, duvet then me with duvet on top :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have an expensive exped megamat, that's one for the expensive purchases you don't regret thread - I could just as well be on my mattress at home :D

Tarragon

Visit site
You definitely have to insulate your camp bed! One of those nice thick sleeping mats does the job. But the camp bed is good for being able sit on it to get socks and shoes on.

Grassy

Visit site
I’ve got a decent fold up bed, I add a mattress topper with a single sheet on top, nice warm duvet & a blanket on the floor in my 3.5t, nowhere near £100 & anyway how do you get in & out of it?!