An update - Including a new horse

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I thought I had been quiet for a bit long although I know a fair few of you follow my progress (or lack of it) via my website.

Sarnie is looking well (note I didn't say going well although there is definitely some improvement
smirk.gif
) and next Thursday (weather allowing
mad.gif
) we are off to Gloucestershire for a week. We are entered at Summerhouse on the Friday to try our first ever Advanced Mediums
shocked.gif
Seeing in a Novice BD test last month (highest level at the show) we managed only 61% I am not sure whether we have bitten off more than we can chew
crazy.gif
. Hopefully we will then do the BSJA show their on Sunday before travelling over to Talland where we are booked in for 3 days training with Pammy and Charlie. Sarnie is not impressed at the thought of all that dressage!

THe big news is I bought a new horse and he (yes he
tongue.gif
) has been home 2 days. Meet Ashley

020110ash2.jpg

020110ash.jpg

I bought him as a project horse but that the more I see of him the more I like him and think he may a good number 2. He is ID x TB rising 7 but done nothing never having left the home he went to as a foal. He strikes me a bit as an overgrown pony (he is 15.3) but clever with it and has a nice jump. Just hacking him for the minute as he is very unfit having not been ridden much - went out for a ride yesterday of under an hour and at half way he was pooped! So a few weeks roadwork and hacking before I get cracking on him. Think he could be an awful lot of fun.

For regular updates on progress see my website or join my facebook group but I will do a post when I get back next week from our trip to Gloucestershire.

Fiona

Visit site
What a gorgeous little man. Lovely head, and beautifully set on neck. DO you know his exact breeding, or just that he is TBxID??

Are you snow free at the moment??

Best of luck next week - can't wait for the mega report when you get back
smile.gif

Fiona

TarrSteps

Visit site
Oh, I like him. Very much my type. And he's got a girls name, sort of, so close enough.
wink.gif
He looks a nice prospect, whatever route you end up going with him.

Best of luck and weather for your week, although Sarnie might have her hooves crossed for snow.
smile.gif

ElleJS

Visit site
He is a super sort! Lovely head and neck!
Good luck with Sarnie next week, i'm sure Sarnie will pull it off and suprise you! Where are you hoping to start eventing this year?

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Will have to update you on exact breeding which is in his passport. (Don't tell Defra but I forgot it when I picked him up but as it is only 8 miles away will fetch it next week) I think he was bred at a stud in Devon.

Snow wise we have none although today is the first day we have had a really hard frost which has left the fields hard
mad.gif

Tangaroo

Visit site
Hes lovely. Looks like he will be a real power pack when he is fit and muscled.
Looking forward to hearing about his progress.
Off to join your facebook page now
laugh.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Sarnie is a superstar but pulling it off and dressage aren't often associated
tongue.gif

We will go to Gatcombe then hopefully to renew our 2* qualification at Compeign (sp?).

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Yes I must admit everyone was primed for Xmas and birthday that I wanted money to do that. I am hoping to immerse myself in dressage for 3 solid days to see if I can learn to love it too!
crazy.gif

Baydale

Visit site
I'd already clocked this on your website. He's lovely, looks like he'll be really flashy when de-furred and muscled up. Will send you some vibes for your Advanced Medium debut, she'll probably surpise you and be angelic.
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yay! I saw you were having a horse vetted, and I guess this is he! Lovely chap, really nice stamp
smile.gif
Look forward to updates, and enjoy your 3 days of grilling and Dr
grin.gif

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
like the new chap
smile.gif
and brown is the best colour lol.

good luck for the AM, my mare never didnt much amazing at nov/elem and only really started to concentrate at med/adv med so he may suprise you

Kentisheventer

Visit site
He looks gorgeous... really kind face and bearing in mind he is unfit now; he looks like a powerhouse
smile.gif

Good luck with all the stuff next week, im sure Sarnie will find it easy!

Ben

diggerbez

Visit site
he's lovely, got a really nice head on him...good look for next week, hope the weather behaves better than it is doing up here

TableDancer

Visit site
Smart Archie, like the look of him although as someone said, he has a good, cheeky face so he may keep you on your toes
wink.gif
(We love it, really, don't we?
grin.gif
)

Good luck next week, I would join you at Summerhouse but PP still on his hols in Leicestershire and Joe not quite there yet
tongue.gif