And a lesson report from mega midget too!

Hallo2012

Visit site
hacked up the hill for a lesson yesterday, and all i can say is its a good job he is 500% ok with farm traffic as we met a record 11 (!) combine/trailer units in a 45 min walk!!!!

he's never been difficult in the slightest, just buzzy but he's really starting to settle and mature, walked straight in to the outdoor surrounded by nosy horses in fields and we only had ONE sassy head toss lol!

really pleased with the overall improvement in the quality of the canter, he is starting to be able to offer more cadence and sit as standard rather than just a few steps here and there :) we worked on shoulder in or leg yield on once side, to medium canter the next to encourage this further.
in the medium, ride it as 4 segments making sure its connected before i go, and then re balance and go again, then connect and collect.

in the simple changes i need to prep it better then ask lighter,ask how i want it to always be ie LIGHT not push and push!

he finds the swing harder in the trot, so again moved him sideways in shoulder in or leg yield and varied the bend, angle and tempo to build suppleness.

super pleased with him, little trier! he's now got a busy August ahead with 2 x young pony qualifiers planned :) cal 1.jpgcal 2.jpgcal 3.jpgcal 4.jpg

Fly_By_Wire

Visit site
He is gorgeous! I completely resonate with the lighter canter transitions, I am constantly being told off for pushing too much and throwing them into canter, instead of sitting still and allowing the horse just to step neatly into the transition. I love reading about how other people work through similar issues!