And that makes 4 - new horse purchase...

sasquatch

Visit site
I've always thought Cash was a good name for a cobbie

I've also come across cobs known as Magners, Budweiser and Guinness.

What about Stella, as in Stella Artois?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
She looks like a Sophie to me. Love the last pic. She looks a character. Personally wouldn't back at all until next year though. She looks quite immature. I don't like backing when they are still bum high as the back will be out of line and prone to permanent damage (think kissing spine).

Last edited:

Fides

Visit site
Well she is home - had to walk her 3 miles down a busy road which for a 3yo who has done nothing was amazing! She wasn't even bothered by the flapping flags and bunting

908B0BCF-66DA-4F93-9772-9AF46E8AC6BB_zpsyon6bwyv.jpg

In her new stable

65A7B8B0-0E1A-46C0-B40A-DC814234C879_zpsy9rzfqgn.jpg

3AA931C2-BB08-4B59-9ED3-F8E1B0DFBA1E_zpsygvucqkw.jpg

She leads lovely :) being led by my novice partner

5EC12A02-FD77-44E6-B659-D5DB8273D011_zps7k9z9gdp.jpg

When we put her out she had a look round and just ate!

3A989FF2-383D-4370-9931-1917DA82DC9E_zpszbf55qaq.jpg

9DE9C589-0C42-4653-9F47-5C4381F733CC_zpsphvl6gfb.jpg

All in all I'm really pleased with her - for a 3yo she's superb!

kez81

Visit site
Aw she is lovely Fides, she has kind but intelligent eyes ( number one thing i look for in a horse!) I personally wouldn't back her til next autumn though with her being that bum high. I suspect she is going to have a massive growth spurt come next spring so would wait until she is much more level then back and ride away gently over the winter. Keep us posted on her and your OH progress, they are in for some fun!

Annagain

Visit site
^^^^ Mabel :biggrin3:

My dog's called Mabel. I love old fashioned human names for animals. The sort you don't hear of any more (hence Mabel). The only problem is as soon as I name an animal a daft granny name it becomes fashionable. 10 years ago when I named my boy, there were no human Archies, now they're everywhere and I've started to hear of the odd Mabel too.

My next animals will be Mildred or Maud for a girl and Ralph, Geoff or Winston for a boy.

She looks lovely. I think she looks like a Matilda - although that's another name that's becoming fashionable for babies again!

And sorry to hijack Dakota's thread, but how's the little one getting on?

Last edited:

Fides

Visit site
Hi guys - no more updates from me. I've been told I am talking rubbish one to many times now. I have a wealth of experience and am sick of jumped up little kids thinking they know it all. I don't need to be part of this nonsense - it's just getting me wound up for no reason and I don't see why I should need to justify myself to strangers on the Internet. I've found I offer more advice than I ask for, which when told I'm talking rubbish, is a total waste of my time.

I now have a 6yo that I am competing, a 5yo that I am getting ready to do WH next year and a 3yo to get ready to back. Oh and not forgetting feral foal, Oreo. I have plenty of work on my hands with them. I'll take my 'rubbish' advice and use it myself on my own horses :)

To all of you that have been a delight - thankyou. All the best to you all :)

Fun Times

Visit site
Um, not sure what has happened but I always enjoy your threads fides. Glad the newby has got a name and is settling well. Although I think you should consider swapping her name to Kev or Dave so your OH can just tell his mates he has been out with Kev or Dave!

Ladyinred

Visit site
Hi guys - no more updates from me. I've been told I am talking rubbish one to many times now. I have a wealth of experience and am sick of jumped up little kids thinking they know it all. I don't need to be part of this nonsense - it's just getting me wound up for no reason and I don't see why I should need to justify myself to strangers on the Internet. I've found I offer more advice than I ask for, which when told I'm talking rubbish, is a total waste of my time.

I now have a 6yo that I am competing, a 5yo that I am getting ready to do WH next year and a 3yo to get ready to back. Oh and not forgetting feral foal, Oreo. I have plenty of work on my hands with them. I'll take my 'rubbish' advice and use it myself on my own horses :)

To all of you that have been a delight - thankyou. All the best to you all :)

Nooooo... Fides there are many more that respect you and appreciate your input than there are idiots! Don't let some stupid brat win.. please. I love your updates and your horses and would really miss seeing them :(