...and then he ate a sock......

noodle_

Visit site
this is the same dog that had an operation in december to remove a massive stone from his intestine..........and more recently munched my hairdryer.....

so...last night the little darling threw up 3x on my settee and mat - fine no problem, dogs do chuck occasionally and he was quite happy throwing himself about playing so thought no more of it.

This morning, he was straining to go to the toilet, and then crapped out a footlong popsock (entire...) it was most of the way out but stuck so i gently eased it out (with kitchen roll OFC)!.....

Rushed him to the vets who had a good feel of him (btw ive no idea where the hell he has got this from!!!!).... and nothing else felt....

however. he has not pooed since yesterday, except some tiny bits not really worth shouting home about.

I am aware he will be a little sore as it was a hell of a popsock (1.5 foot long)...but he isnt straining, drinking and eating normally....but not pooing?!

He is going back to the vet's tomorrow anyhow - he is quiet but it is nighttime and he's very docile...but he does worry me as he was docile last night as he had a sock content in his tum!?

SO do i panic and take him to the referal vet's tomorrow for an x-ray ?? (if he hasnt crapped)??

Normal vet's - who will x-ray and if anything there will operate which i do not want as it will be the tooing and fro-ing we did with the stone!?

there is no diarrhoea, no sickness anymore, eating and drinking normally but he is quiet even i admit that....?? and quiet maxi does worry me! even though at night he's very docile??

ideas please? my mum is doing her nut about this as he's a liability!.....

Horseback Rider

Visit site
Oh bless hope he is ok x
My dog had to be rushed to the vets at 12 weeks old as he had eaten a pair of my OH football socks !

One had made its way out naturally the other got stuck in his intestine and he had to have it surgically removed.

Since that incident there have been clothes pegs, socks , dish cloths despite my best attempts to keep them out of his reach. Luckily they have all made their way out naturally !!

noodle_

Visit site
thanks - he eats everything - we are SO careful as we dont trust him in the slightest..!

he's eaten sponges, paper, cardboard, glasses, moble phones (both thank god just the frames and spat it out!)

he steals everything!!!....but this is rediculous!!... the stone cost £3500 to remove and care for him - thank god he is insured else i would have masses of debt paying for the little ****** lol!!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Crikey £3,500 that is ridiculous, my friends Springer had an op last year on her Springer who had eaten a towel which was wrapped around his bowel, I think it cost about £800 but then she wasnt insured.

I do think once the vets hear the magic words insured the costs go up.

A few years ago another friend called out a vet to attend a horse who had cut his leg and needed stitches. The first thing the vet said before examining the horse was is it insured. My friend replied are you a vet or an Insurance Agent because my horse needs a vet, I will tell you after whether he is Insured or not.

OP I do hope your dog is back to his bright normal self and you are no longer suffering from heart failure:)

noodle_

Visit site
thanks dobiegirl!

hes ok :D he did a huge dump and feeling much better :D

the 3500 because he was at a normal vets, emergancy vets (twice) and a referal vets!! all in the space of a week lol!

he's worth every penny! but yes i do get the "are you insured...therefore we can do x y z too!" :D

:)