And we thought Eventing was dangerous... look at these nutters!

kerilli

Visit site
Yep, it's the "no hats" bit that really really freaks me out.
That and the fact that they can't ride...!
wink.gif

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
serves them right if they torture horses. And did u see that bit at the end of the clips that scrolled down saying how it was the HORSES fault! All the riders fault that was. and probably the horse only bucked and reared because of the bad backs, heavy saddles, big spurs, severe bits and rubbish riders. Sorry for the slight rant but none of those horses looked happy
Luv Elle
x

Mel85

Visit site
I disagree with it all...but how many of us would have stayed on as long as the woman in the second video at 25 seconds!

MissSBird

Visit site
Just as a slight defense, barrel racing when done properly is spectacular thing to watch and an incredible example of how smart these horses are.

Unfortunatly, as with most sports involving animals, it's only the bad that ever comes to light.

seche

Visit site
I watched some seriously good barrel racing in Aus - even gave it a go on one of the polo ponies - we can 4th last ...
Great fun, and actaully those girls really can ride - just not in the "conventional" british and therefore correct way - Ive been stock hearding with some and christ all mighty theyve got incredible centres of balance and are as hard as nails with nerves of steel.. I think as MissSBird said funny how they only show it in a bad light - I wonder what the barrel racers think of us "poncy" brits?

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I haven't much sympathy for the riders, can you see what type of spurs they're mostly wearing? Huge things which they kick hard with, no wonder the horses explode...
They do look like ex rodeo horses in the way they bronk, though we have one at home who can do a fair imitation of one of those on occasions!!!

bennsboy

Visit site
Has anyone else seen the ProBull Riding on Sky Extreme sports.The bulls are bred to buck the cowcoys have to stay on for 8 secs if they can, some bulls then turn on the riders.....can't say I balme them! But when you watch it you realise it not us that are barmy!

hellybelly6

Visit site
I sense some resistance and reluctance with the horses, and not surprisingly, the size of the spurs, the rough hands and poor riding.

dieseldog

Visit site
I really wanted to do Barrel Racing when I was younger - still would. You can earn $100k in prize money a year. This is the low end of the sport, watch the pros doing it and it is a different class.

Flame_

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else seen the ProBull Riding on Sky Extreme sports.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait for Zone Reality to repeat "Rodeo Wreaks", that shows some proper nutters.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
Gosh that is shocking to watch, they must get some terrible injuries.

I have watched top level barrel racing and once had a go myself (very badly and seemingly slow, I thought I was flying), you would be amazed at the G force you get going so fast around the barrels.

Its like anything, seen at top level, its amazing, watch the amateurs and its shocking.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
def a case of ameturs geting it wrong.

look at those svere bits and those spurs are just inhumane!!!

the riders have poor legs and shocking hands.

yet when its done right it can be soooo amazing to watch

Orangehorse

Visit site
I'm sorry, I laughed at some of those (what does that make me?)

However, most were riding with hardly any contact and turning with only neck reining. We were seeing only the wrecks, lots of others probably did it perfectly. Of the horses that got rid of the riders, one I thought was probably newly broken in, and the others had done it before to get rid of the rider.

Riding in a western saddle makes you a bit "loose" I think, although having sat round a table discussing once, we decided that it is perfectly possible to fall off a western saddle and when you do it hurts!