Angrove Rumbaba

B_2_B

Visit site
He did brilliantly!!
Not only was it such a bog he came back the same colour as all the rest, the 1st and 2nd horses had both run more than once before and won last time out!

I am so looking forward to his next race, one step at a time but he already looks to be on the right path :D

Go Rummy and well done to Heather, Rebecca, Micky Hammond and everyone who's worked very hard to get Rummy ready for his first race :D

Enfys

Visit site
:) He got home safe and sound, that's the main thing, and will be better for the experience next time out.

Nollaig Shona

Visit site
At The Races (ch 415 on Sky) are doing their review of yesterdays races just now (9.45am) and they are showing Hexham, so hopefully there'll be a replay of Rummy's race soon, they're just about to show the 4.00 race, and he ran at 5.30pm

angrovestud

Visit site
Thank you for your post on Angrove Rumbaba Miss L Toe, Rummy showed us and his critics that he can run and stay in a horse race and after yesterdays effort is now fully entitled to be called coloured racehorse /painted racehorse or as the commentator at the races called him a skewbald pony LOL thank you for everyones really nice comments, it was a real task for any horse on that track yesterday.
I am very pleased to report rummy is fine and well and slept well last night which is more can be said for us, to happy to sleep! he was also filmed by BBC inside out as well and that programme should go out in the Autumn

Nollaig Shona

Visit site
Rummy showed us and his critics that he can run and stay in a horse race and after yesterdays effort

I noticed the commentator got a bit surprised that he was actually galloping along in mid-field! And he made a race of it for 4th place, but the cameras cut away so we didn't see him crossing the line.

Glad to hear he came out of the race well, and I'm looking forward to seeing him running again!!

:D

angrovestud

Visit site
Thank you hes off to parade at Wetherby racecourse on Sunday he will not be racing just on show and his trainer Micky Hammond will be talking about him it should be a really good family fun day out I am really looking forward to it I have some great stickers left from Middleham open day so I will hand them out to any Children or adults that want them

angrovestud

Visit site
DSC_3266.jpg

Jesstickle

Visit site
bless him. He picked up really well coming up the hill.

What are your plans for him in terms of races? You'll have to keep us posted so we can all watch/have a punt.

I must say, it was very strange to see him in amongst all those bays :D

angrovestud

Visit site
jesstickle Thank you glad you saw how well he did on that hill, I shall speak to Micky Hammond his trainer and post when hes ready for another run he will be learning his job for the time being x

faerie666

Visit site
Not too bad for first time out, very testing conditions, and he looked quite green on the run in. :)
It'll be interesting to see him in a true run race on better ground next time out.
I suspect he won't come into his own until he runs over a greater distance and with some obstacles in his way, although he may not be strong enough to do that until next year.
Good luck with him. :)

amage

Visit site
Not a bad run. It's hard to know how good the winner actually is as his point form is weak with only one subsequent winner from the horses he beat. Irish points would be a far more accurate judge of form due to being alot more competitive and professional training but Beeves win in his point was also on soft going so the next month could throw up form with better ground....well assuming the badly needed rain we have stops. good luck with him

angrovestud

Visit site
Thank you we are very pleased with him and I do think that he would benefit from better ground and we are in no hurry with this boy hes so special to us.

Nollaig Shona

Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNyslfUdvlQ

Thank you Cappuccino I thought you might like to see the full race and how Rummy got up a massive hill and everytime his jockey Rebecca Smith asked for more she got it, I think this boy has quiet a future

ooh thanks for that, the TV coverage didn't show him finishing, although the commentator said he made a race of it for 4th!

Very hilly course that, you don't notice it when the cameras are following the horses close up!

:D

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Whats happening at wetherby on sunday? Not racing on is there?

Just watched the race - bless him, doesn't he try hard at the end, looked like it was knackering for all of them. Liked the way he flicked his ears up when he name was called too :D

Last edited:

angrovestud

Visit site
Stencilface yes its the fund day and racing and If there are spare stables Rummy will be in the parade it should be a super day and were very much looking forward to it,

Glad you liked the video it gives a differnt angle from the TV coverage Thank you Toast! x