Angrove Stud Fertility results 2008

angrovestud

Visit site
Well I am going to be the first to brave doing this, having read a lot about fertility and the Stallion owners way of providing results I thought I would be different.
Example 2 stallions 85% fertility rate

Stallion 1 = 85% fertility on 2 cycles average mare stay at stud 8 weeks
Stallion 2 =85% fertility on 4 cycles average mare stay at stud 14 weeks.
the fertility rate is still 85% but the mare owner spend much more money.
So I sat down and did Ricco's results for 2009 and given it was a tad wet/ cold/ grey /snow we started our season on march 8th 2008 I was very pleased with what came out and I wanted to share this.
28 mares throughout the season.march 2008 August 2008
16 pregnancies from the first cycle
6 pregancies from the second cycle
6 non pregancies returns for 2009
we were pleased as these 16 mares saved the owners keep fees and repeat scan's and some of the 6 that were 2nd cycle did have to contend with snow and east winds.

nomis

Visit site
Angrove I applaud you, nice to see some studs making the effort to show their fertility statistics without masking anything.

[ QUOTE ]
6 non pregancies returns for 2009

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any information on why the mares did not hold?

angrovestud

Visit site
Hi yes 2 mares had foals at foot one arrived on the fateful 21 april and there was a full blown blizard that night and it put her off comming in to season so we stuffed food in to her like it was going out of fashion, and did achieved a season and we covered her, she was scanned not to be in foal, but in season when we tried her with the stallion she let fly mares, say one thing on a scan, but quiet different in the flesh her owner quiet rightly said lets do this next year.
2nd mare with foal at foot, had stored all her folicals and did not ovulate but did become pregnant when she got home to the owners stallion,
3rd mare covered and everything done under the guideance of owners vet here, but failed to ovulate.
4th mare, mares folical had not ruptured and remained very large no more cycles.Aug end.
5th mare fliud retained even after 2 doses of Oxtocin. 3 cycles we will be trying reprocine this year mare is 18 y old
6th mare scanned in foal but no foal there before Oct 1st later.
Thank you for you very kind words I thought long and hard about publishing these results, this is the way thats vets like to see them presented, I thought our customers would like to know and our future customers.

nomis

Visit site
Thank you for your response. Very interesting statistics and all the problems were really outwith your control.

Well done for posting this, as I said above I think it speaks volumes that you have been so open and honest and I am sure it will bode you well with your current and future clients.

ajf

Visit site
Well done for posting this Angrove, shows that breeding is far more complex than the "90%" or whatever lots of stallions are quoted with

no_no_nanette

Visit site
Brilliant that you have done this, and I'm sure will be really positive for your stud. Hope that it will set a standard for others - thanks, Angrove!