Animal Communicator Recommendations?

Saneta

Visit site
Not really. If the communicator says something original and helps the horse and owner, it doesn't matter who they are friends with surely? I know you're trying to indicate that AC's share info and gain info from FB etc, and I'm sure the charlatons probably do. However, the genuine ones don't! Why is it that when people don't understand something, the way they deal with their own inadequacies is to mock? We're all put on this earth to learn, some are more receptive than others...

TrasaM

Visit site
I've been dabbling in the Masterson Method since I did a short course last year. What has really surprised me is the level of emotion some horses give off. One, an in work NH horse, made me feel so sad that I was almost crying as I did his neck. I sought advise afterwards on here and from a reiki practitioner because I was so touched by his overwhelming sadness. I wish that I could understand the source of his feelings but the fact that he allowed me in and let me know how he felt was a gift in itself. Who knows what's the real truth. They are certainly much more complicated creatures emotionally than I'd been led to believe.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Not one person on this thread has been able to explain how the AC that came to our yard could be so specific about all of the horses. No generalizations at all. In fact the only thing that didn't ring true, but only because I have only had my gelding 3 years and it may have occurred before then, was that he had had a massive accident over some white jumps. But she did say that he had badly injured his right hock around the same time, and that he'd had a lot of time off. Under his fur, there is a massive scar there and would have been a very nasty injury, but it is not in any way visible unless you feel for it. I was with her the whole time and she did not touch him other than place her hand on his neck.

Last edited:

twiggy2

Visit site
very interesting that so many people who's advice and opinions on here I respect are so divided on this one.

have any of the people who have tried an AC been disappointed or let down by the experience?

Patterdale

Visit site
I don't know ANYONE in a wheel chair.

Then they would say 'it was in his past home/someone who comes past the field/regressive life' etc etc

The AC said about one horse at the yard that she was asking for a massage with that new thing. She said the horse was showing her a new massage glove that she had never experienced before...... How could I or anyone else have told her that? Why be so specific?

Since you asked, here's my OPINION :)
Horses do not think in this way. They act on instinct and think in the moment. Horses do not stand in stables daydreaming thinking 'oooh, a massage would be nice!'
The AC anthropomorphises the horse in this way as it is appealing to the owner.

As for how she knew about that specific massage mitt, who knows? Only she does.
But I do not, and will NEVER believe that the horse was reminiscing about the massage mitt.

This is what gets me with this stuff. I get that some people are far more tuned into feelings than others, and could tell if the horse was 'sad' or 'happy' (for want of better words), but when they attribute human feelings and thought processes to the horse, I lose faith completely I'm afraid.

There are a hundred ways she could know that someone on the yard had a new massage mitt. But none of those, for me, include the horse daydreaming about it.

Remember, animals do not desire. They act on instinct. For instance, they will want food if they are hungry, water when thirsty, maybe to jump the fence if they're alone, not want to go through the water on a hack.
But they don't sit in their stables thinking 'mmm, a carrot would be good right now.' They just feel the hunger and act on the instinct to eat.
So by that logic, they don't, as I say, think 'a massage would be great right now.'

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Ok, you sceptics explain this one. Many years ago, a gypsy knocked on my door selling lace. I bought some and mentioned that my horse had just died and I was giving up horses.
The gypsy said, you aren't. I can see you with 3 horses; a black and white gelding, a tri-coloured mare and a brown and white filly that will be very special.
I didn't believe her. 6 weeks later I bought a bay tobiano mare and discovered that she was actually a tri colour. 2 weeks later, the owner of a horse I had sold 6 months before, phoned to say she had lost her job and had to sell him. I immediately bought him back. A black and white gelding.
3 months later my OH was looking for a foal for a friend and came across a skewbald filly, he fell in love with her and bought her for me.

2nd example.
A lady at my new yard who was a Reiki practitioner offered to treat my horse for a muscle injury. I thought he'd enjoy a session while on box rest so agreed.

She actually did a few sessions with him. She told me that he was hiding a traumatic past etc, etc. Eventually she told me that he hated thinking about the past but told her what his name was then. I'd forgotten what it was, but when I contacted the friend who had nursed him back to health after he was starved, she confirmed that the name was correct.
She also said that he was afraid that I would send him away again. She had no way of knowing that I had sold him 7 years before but had bought him back after 6 months.

bearTessy

Visit site
Sounds like with anything in this world there are some AC's who manage to achieve what the owner wanted and others who are after a quick bit of money. If you want them to come to your yard might be worth asking other local owners just to make sure you don't get someone who is exploiting honest people for money.

I always wonder why are some people 'gifted' with this ability and others not ? It would be interesting to see if an AC could teach others how to tune into animals more. If it is something that works it would greatly benefit vets, farriers etc. ... just a little thought :)

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Then they would say 'it was in his past home/someone who comes past the field/regressive life' etc etc

Since you asked, here's my OPINION :)
Horses do not think in this way. They act on instinct and think in the moment. Horses do not stand in stables daydreaming thinking 'oooh, a massage would be nice!'
The AC anthropomorphises the horse in this way as it is appealing to the owner.

As for how she knew about that specific massage mitt, who knows? Only she does.
But I do not, and will NEVER believe that the horse was reminiscing about the massage mitt.

This is what gets me with this stuff. I get that some people are far more tuned into feelings than others, and could tell if the horse was 'sad' or 'happy' (for want of better words), but when they attribute human feelings and thought processes to the horse, I lose faith completely I'm afraid.

There are a hundred ways she could know that someone on the yard had a new massage mitt. But none of those, for me, include the horse daydreaming about it.

Remember, animals do not desire. They act on instinct. For instance, they will want food if they are hungry, water when thirsty, maybe to jump the fence if they're alone, not want to go through the water on a hack.
But they don't sit in their stables thinking 'mmm, a carrot would be good right now.' They just feel the hunger and act on the instinct to eat.
So by that logic, they don't, as I say, think 'a massage would be great right now.'

You are stating things as fact that you cannot possibly know. Did you watch the programme recently 'inside the animal mind'? It showed proof of much higher reasoning and thinking abilities in animals that most people do not believe to be possible. Even empathy. Of course, animals do not think the SAME as a human. A horse thinks like a horse, a dog thinks like a dog etc. But they DO think. They do not just react. This video that was posted a couple of weeks ago is a good illustration of forward planning and reasoning behaviour in a dog http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQiPWufjwU&app=desktop

Now back to the AC and the massage mitt. This AC told us from the beginning that she does not 'talk' to horses. She just senses things and sees pictures. Then she interprets those pictures in human terms. She actually said they do not think like us, and that she is only trying to make human sense of what they are showing her. So how could she be so specifically correct about this massage mitt? You have not come up with any explanation. And this was only one of MANY specific things she said about each horse and their owners.

diamonddogs

Visit site
Anne Towill at Energy Whispers.

I used Anne once and was happy with what she said (hence my comment earlier). To split the reading into three, one part was "Yeah right", one part was "Ooooh" and one part was "OMG!!!!"

Whatever your feelings or beliefs as long as you don't get sucked in too deeply or start going through the whole list because you don't like what the first one said, it's an interesting exercise, and I'd be happy to go back to Anne with my present mare*.

*though the superstitious side of me is a bit nervous as the mare was abused in the past and I don't want to know what happened to her. :eek:

wench

Visit site
I have used Jackie Weaver on a number of occasions with different horses. She never comes out with the same stuff for each horse.

For example I had one done a couple of weeks ago. My horse "showed" her a sheepskin half pad... I'd been using that one over the weekend instead of the normal prolite pad. I also got told that I was riding too short; day before the communication I'd been trying out a new saddle, and the stirrups were far to short. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

I've also had told to me where horses have been hurting. All backed up with info from the physio/dentist/thermal imaging. I had one horse that was moving yards to be with an event rider. The only people that knew where she was going was me, and event rider. I do not believe that the event rider would have rung up the AC and said my horse was moving there, so how did the AC know where the horse was moving to?

I've also had two human physics look at me. One was just a chappie in the pub who was just speaking to me in general. He told me I'd injured my right leg; this is true, but impossible to tell. I'd pulled a muscle, and it hurts from time to time, however I do not walk with a limp, or in a funny fashion. He also said that last time I fell off my horse I came off on the left hand side. He also said that someone called William was watching over me... but William wasn't his real name, it was one that he went by. My great-grandfather was called John William, and appeared to go by the name William (when he felt like it!)

The other one I saw I paid for a reading (in another pub) for a bit of fun. He also picked up on the right leg injury. He also guessed some other stuff. I had been planning to ask one of my old school friends if they wanted to go and see a panto in December. (I hadn't seen my friend for ten years as don't anywhere near each other, until six months ago). The psychic said to me something along the lines of;"There will be a blast from the past in December". Friend asides, there is someone from my past that I would dearly love to see again, so thoughts of this person immediately entered my head. Physic then said it wouldn't be that person, just a friend. Anyhow I went to the panto with my friend after all!

There were some other things from both human physics that were a bit rubbish... but they did manage to get some scarily spot on... the leg thing is rather a coincidence, especially with two of them. Also William is a reasonably common name, but again, very much of a coincidence...

fatpiggy

Visit site
Sounds like with anything in this world there are some AC's who manage to achieve what the owner wanted and others who are after a quick bit of money. If you want them to come to your yard might be worth asking other local owners just to make sure you don't get someone who is exploiting honest people for money.

I always wonder why are some people 'gifted' with this ability and others not ? It would be interesting to see if an AC could teach others how to tune into animals more. If it is something that works it would greatly benefit vets, farriers etc. ... just a little thought :)

Perhaps it is no different from people who are natural artists, or talented musicians? My dad couldn't read music but was a very good musician. I have perfect pitch which is apparently quite rare and like my dad have taught myself to play, in my case the violin,cello and flute. My primary school teacher once told us that you cannot hope to draw or paint something if you don't really study it thoroughly first. So many people don't listen to what their horses are trying to tell them and end up with all sorts of problems as a result. I know of one AC who treats the new inmates at his local sanctuary- for free. He came out to visit my horse, never touched any part of her and she was in a not very well lit stable. What he told me about her was either spot on or absolutely came true a while later and we had a conversation about something that was so off the wall it was positively weird - but he was right. As to remote readings, well I had one done by a lady in the US too. She knew it was a mare and nothing else. Her description of my horse's physical ailments were 100% (including a note about her breathing - 3 months after I bought her she got pneumonia and was very ill), her arthritis in specific joints, all true, and described her rather split personality to a T. Crucially though, she said how my horse would suddenly feel funny, rather dizzy as though her circulation had been cut off - my horse was epileptic. There certainly are charletans around though. I've seen one doing a friend's horse and thought he was rubbish frankly. But you get fakes in every business.

marmalade76

Visit site
I arranged for Ann Towill to chat with my horse a few years ago, but sadly he had to be PTS suddenly two days before the day the reading was arranged for. She returned my cheque with a lovely sympathy card. She is also not expensive which kind of makes me feel more confident that she is genuine, for some reason I feel that those who charge a fortune are the ones doing the fleecing/taking advantage, hope this makes sense. This thread has reminded me of her and I may well contact her to do a reading on my boy, not that we have any problems, just out of interest.

TrasaM - was the NH horse a National Hunt horse or a natural horsemanship trained horse?

YouOnlyLiveOnce

Visit site
I do try to have an open mind about these things and wouldn't necessarily rule it out for my horse but I fail to understand how this could work any other way than being with the horse.... Over the phone or by photos does not make sense to me??

bitlessbill

Visit site
Well I put a post on fb too asking about Robert Pring and the response has been amazing, everyone that has used him has only positive things to say, and all totally believe in the results he gets so I am booking him for a yard visit and hopefully will have an amazing experience too! :)

Moomin1

Visit site
I have used Jackie Weaver on a number of occasions with different horses. She never comes out with the same stuff for each horse.

For example I had one done a couple of weeks ago. My horse "showed" her a sheepskin half pad... I'd been using that one over the weekend instead of the normal prolite pad. I also got told that I was riding too short; day before the communication I'd been trying out a new saddle, and the stirrups were far to short. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

I've also had told to me where horses have been hurting. All backed up with info from the physio/dentist/thermal imaging. I had one horse that was moving yards to be with an event rider. The only people that knew where she was going was me, and event rider. I do not believe that the event rider would have rung up the AC and said my horse was moving there, so how did the AC know where the horse was moving to?

I've also had two human physics look at me. One was just a chappie in the pub who was just speaking to me in general. He told me I'd injured my right leg; this is true, but impossible to tell. I'd pulled a muscle, and it hurts from time to time, however I do not walk with a limp, or in a funny fashion. He also said that last time I fell off my horse I came off on the left hand side. He also said that someone called William was watching over me... but William wasn't his real name, it was one that he went by. My great-grandfather was called John William, and appeared to go by the name William (when he felt like it!)

The other one I saw I paid for a reading (in another pub) for a bit of fun. He also picked up on the right leg injury. He also guessed some other stuff. I had been planning to ask one of my old school friends if they wanted to go and see a panto in December. (I hadn't seen my friend for ten years as don't anywhere near each other, until six months ago). The psychic said to me something along the lines of;"There will be a blast from the past in December". Friend asides, there is someone from my past that I would dearly love to see again, so thoughts of this person immediately entered my head. Physic then said it wouldn't be that person, just a friend. Anyhow I went to the panto with my friend after all!

There were some other things from both human physics that were a bit rubbish... but they did manage to get some scarily spot on... the leg thing is rather a coincidence, especially with two of them. Also William is a reasonably common name, but again, very much of a coincidence...

So did your horse know where it was moving to aswell?

AmiRobertson

Visit site
I have used two one one on the phone and one in person. Both were harrowing experiences and very spot on and helped me very much in understanding dizzys issues. I believe there are con artists out there but on the whole I see it as a science and that you have people more open than others to the world around them and again I believe animals are a lot more open than us especially horses who are extremely emotionally intelligent. Tao of Equus and riding between the worlds are both excellent books for an insight into this subject it also goes into the science behind it.
Everyone has opinions on things and yes everyone has a right to express them but I don't think there is any need for people to criticise others for their choices and how they spend their money.
Good luck with getting some answers op I hope you find someone.

Doublethyme

Visit site
I haven't read the thread as have no doubt the sniggerers are out in force.

If of interest I believe from personal experience this lady is all she says she is and will do visits countrywide or by photo. I wasn't a believer, met her by accident but she helped me and my horse without a shadow of doubt.

http://www.equinebodytalk.co.uk/

Fun Times

Visit site
I had owned my ponies for over 20 years when I decided to use an AC - not because I had any issues with them, but because I wanted to do it myself with horses I knew inside out to see whether or not there was anything in it. Now I am not tarring all AC's with the same brush, but you can bet your hat the one I used was a charlatan. Her comments were things like "she's showing me a sheep, has she ever seen a sheep."? It's a thirty year old horse living in the North Yorks countryside - pretty certain it is likely to have seen a sheep. Oh look AC, you just drove past a field of them on your way here, down the end of my village.

Of my SJ pony (which she new I jumped) "He's showing me a watch, he needs to be fast, does this mean anything to you."?

Of one of them (can't remember which) "Someone on the yard is struggling for money". Nope, not here, we are a livery yard full of millionaires ;-)

So, based on my use of 1 AC I have a 100% hit rate with it being a fraud I'm afraid and it would take a heck of a lot to convince me otherwise. Also, I heard from a friend (and can't verify the truth) that this AC had previously advised someone to have their horse PTS because it couldn't face living any longer. Worrying.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I had owned my ponies for over 20 years when I decided to use an AC - not because I had any issues with them, but because I wanted to do it myself with horses I knew inside out to see whether or not there was anything in it. Now I am not tarring all AC's with the same brush, but you can bet your hat the one I used was a charlatan. Her comments were things like "she's showing me a sheep, has she ever seen a sheep."? It's a thirty year old horse living in the North Yorks countryside - pretty certain it is likely to have seen a sheep. Oh look AC, you just drove past a field of them on your way here, down the end of my village.

Of my SJ pony (which she new I jumped) "He's showing me a watch, he needs to be fast, does this mean anything to you."?

Of one of them (can't remember which) "Someone on the yard is struggling for money". Nope, not here, we are a livery yard full of millionaires ;-)

So, based on my use of 1 AC I have a 100% hit rate with it being a fraud I'm afraid and it would take a heck of a lot to convince me otherwise. Also, I heard from a friend (and can't verify the truth) that this AC had previously advised someone to have their horse PTS because it couldn't face living any longer. Worrying.

My vet told me one of her practice had been called out to PTS a horse because an AC had told her the horse wanted to die because he had a bad childhood! There are definitely some charlatans out there. No doubt about that.

fburton

Visit site
Someone in an earlier thread about "animal communicators" posted a list of facts about their horse which were conveyed to her in a reading and which, the poster said, the clairvoyant couldn't have known about. Rather sneakily I admit, I looked through earlier posts on the board by the person and was able to compile a list of quotes that covered maybe 75% of these 'unknowable' details. I still have the file somewhere, but decided not to post it at the time as it seemed churlish. Of course, the clairvoyant in question could have gleaned this information in a similarly sneaky way.

ETA: The person who had the reading was so nice on the thread, I didn't have the heart to make a song and dance about it. And tbh I feel a bit uneasy about mentioning it again here.

Last edited:

Kaylum

Visit site
Don't believe in it myself but if others do that's up to them. Interestingly I got into read tarot cards from a book for people. They knew I was reading from a book btw. One guy I did a reading for started crying saying the reading was so accurate. Hang on here I am reading from a book. It's the way the human mind works its looking to get some good out of things. I read them now and again and it's so easy to see how they relate to everyday situations to everyone.

slumdog

Visit site
I've not read all the replies as the thread is rather epic, but in the most sceptical person you could imagine. Anyway, a lady on a Facebook group that my friends were raving about read my horse for me, totally for free just because she enjoys doing it. She was really good and even spookily described my yard (in a way that wasn't just generic) She isn't even horsey (reads dogs and cats, she's scared of horses!) but described him cribbing even though she didn't know what it was called and told me some of his history that was also correct. I was really impressed and she had no financial gain by making it up :)