Animal Cops Houston

Burnerbee

Visit site
Lying on the sofa watching crappy daytime telly (period pain - shout out to all you other sufferers 😥) and they’ve rescued a skinny, colicking horse. Not sure of time line but presumably a week or so later, the now not colicking (but still skinny) horse, has been taken to the court house so the judge can see it in person before judging the case. Bet that doesn’t happen in the UK very often….

Burnerbee

Visit site
I like to believe that most people would have more sense than to put an animal through such unnecessary stress when photographs and videos are an option.
Certainly seemed odd. I don’t think they’ve ever taken a smaller animal… You’ll be glad to hear he fully recovered and went to live with an older lady as a pet.

SashaBabe

Visit site
That is an old programme. If the owner is unwilling to sign the horse over, they have to go to Court, usually 10 days after the animal was seized, and let the Judge decide whether or not they get the horse back. They only carry out emergency treatment if absolutely necessary. Sometimes, they are humanely euthanised because there is no hope for them. Judge Dale Gorzinsky is very sympathetic and usually awards animals to the care of the Houston SPCA. Pictures are usually presented to the Court, but occasionally the animals are taken to let the Judge see for himself. It's unbelievable how many owners do not think their horses are undernourished. The Society then build them up until they are fit to be rehomed. There have been some incredibly shocking cases. The most shocking one I watched was a man who owned a Shetland pony that had broken out of its paddock. When he caught the pony, he tied it to the back of his truck to drive back home. The pony fell over and was trailed along the road for miles on its side. The injuries were horrific. The man appeared in Court and wanted the pony back, but the Judge said no. The pony was nursed back to full health and was adopted. They usually show the animals in their new homes, where they are healthy and obviously enjoying life.

Sprogladite01

Visit site
That is an old programme. If the owner is unwilling to sign the horse over, they have to go to Court, usually 10 days after the animal was seized, and let the Judge decide whether or not they get the horse back. They only carry out emergency treatment if absolutely necessary. Sometimes, they are humanely euthanised because there is no hope for them. Judge Dale Gorzinsky is very sympathetic and usually awards animals to the care of the Houston SPCA. Pictures are usually presented to the Court, but occasionally the animals are taken to let the Judge see for himself. It's unbelievable how many owners do not think their horses are undernourished. The Society then build them up until they are fit to be rehomed. There have been some incredibly shocking cases. The most shocking one I watched was a man who owned a Shetland pony that had broken out of its paddock. When he caught the pony, he tied it to the back of his truck to drive back home. The pony fell over and was trailed along the road for miles on its side. The injuries were horrific. The man appeared in Court and wanted the pony back, but the Judge said no. The pony was nursed back to full health and was adopted. They usually show the animals in their new homes, where they are healthy and obviously enjoying life.
Oh gosh I saw that one, brought me to tears! And he was such a sweet little fellow too, didn't hold a grudge against people at all. That episode really had me questioning what the **** is wrong with some people 🥺