Animal Friends Insurance?

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
Anyone used them?

My Petplan policy is increasing (I have never claimed) & although I know they are good, again, I have never claimed so can't speak personally on this, but wonder if they are really work the extra £25 per month for the same cover level?

Any advice gratefully received as my policy is up for renewal....

Thanks in advance.

Sorry admin for posting this in 2 areas but I am unsure which is the most suitable!

BBH

Visit site
Animal friends have very mixed reviews.

Seems most people are attracted to the lower premiums and then struggle to get payouts following treatment.

Same could be said for most companies though. Read the small print.

HeresHoping

Visit site
I use Animal Friends. Thus far, they have been brilliant and have paid out with no nonsense within 10 days of the claim. Their banding is good, even allowing you to compete affiliated to a certain height without incurring a massive increase in monthly payments.

However, they have been pretty poor in responding to my needs for claiming on a horse I had PTS. Both my policy and schedule clearly state 'for sum insured' in the box next to the loss. However, their customer services stated that I'd get a percentage back of my purchase price based on his age, and not without proof of purchase, passport, PM report, and disposal invoice! I am going to have a bit of an argument, I think.

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
I use them for my dogs and they processed both my claims very quickly and were not at all difficult when the second claim occurred literally the day after my policy renewed itself for the year.

fizzer

Visit site
Found them very rude and very unprofessional. Had a real fight to get a payout. Would never recommend them. Awful!!

diamonddogs

Visit site
I use Julie Andrews and always have done.

She's set me up with Scottish Equestrian for four years running now and I've yet to get equal cover any cheaper.

When I lost Kelly in 2011 the girl in the SEI call centre was nearly in tears dealing with the beginning of my claim, bless her, and though they specify a post mortem has to be done after sudden death, they appreciated that I had neither the money nor the heart to get one done. I didn't know whether they'd pay out just on the vet report right up to the day the cheque arrived - the only problem was, they sent the whole settlement to the vet! That was probably my fault, ticking the wrong box or something, and all this happened on the last working day before Christmas, so I had to wait till after before I got my money.

I can't fault them!

mynutmeg

Visit site
I'm with SEIB and have found them excellent, no issues with claim at all and a decent price, about £10 a month cheaper than pet plan

Paddy and Dandy

Visit site
FIRSTLY......NOT UNDERWRITTEN BY E&L....BY RED SANDS

I had an absolutely horrendous 18 months with my big horse, with many many issues, and they have been amazing!
I have recommended them to several friends now, and all are pleased with their prices and their service.
They paid out many thousands of £'s last year on various claims without a quibble, and treated me with compassion and respect during a very difficult time.

I thoroughly recommend them.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
Thanks. I now have quotes from Animal Friends, SEIB, Petplan, KBIS. Any others I should try? I notice not everyone covers vets for £5000. KBIS increase to £7500 for colic surgery :)

Star_Chaser

Visit site
wouldn't recommend them, left us needing our insurance but not paying out. Stick with pet plan at least what you see is what you get. When in doubt ask the vets they will usually give good advice on which pay up and which don't if they won't accept going direct to the company then I wouldn't bother

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
i can VERY highly recommend AIMS part of SEIB. You'll have to ring for a quote as not got a fancy website (in H&H classified every week) but they have been outstanding for little Harry's KS operation- the claim was settled in a week :D unlike NFU (different horse) who took SIX MONTHS :mad: to settle a simple claim for a cut that needed a couple of staples & antibiotics :mad: