Animal Friends Insurance

poorchickens

Visit site
I have them for my horse and dogs. Horse has just been diagnosed with navicular and they've paid all bills (£2k) within days of receiving them. Also paid out for 2 dog operations with no problems. As far as insurance companies go, I'm happy :)

Suec04

Visit site
My Dalmatian is with them and I was happy with them until I needed help to pay for an operation. She had a tumour on her gum , wasn't dental related in any way this was confirmed by the vet!, (as that was an exclusion in my policy) but they refused to pay out for it, and now, she is excluded from any tumours anywhere on her body. I am still with them for the time being and they did come back to me really quickly however - good customer service. Not sure I if I will ensure my new horse with them though....

p87

Visit site
If you do a search on here (or even google) you will see that 90% of people advise that you avoid them. Apparently they aren't as bad as they used to be but they always find a way out of paying out for things they should. Vets don't like dealing with them either and ask you to pay upfront as Animal Friends are well known for taking months to pay out.

Petplan, NFU, KBIS and SEI seem to be the ones with the best reviews and recommendations. Animal Friends and E&L are the ones to avoid. The rule of thumb tends to be if the policy seems too good to be true then it probably is! Always worth paying a bit more to guarantee you are covered in my opinion.

kerrieberry2

Visit site
Not sure if it's animal friends but my mate is with a small sounding company. She has just tried to claim when her mini cut her face open on the fence on absunday morning and they have a clause saying they won't cover anything out of hours. Wtf. All of my calls outs in 13 yrs have been out if hours. Because I work full time

So just check the small print

Bay TB

Visit site
Avoid like the plague! We had our 2 dogs insured by them and they used every trick in the book to avoid paying out for anything. They were impossible to deal with, customer service was appalling and they would put ridiculous exclusions on the policy that basically ended up covering every part of ne of our dogs.
Yes, they are cheap, but you get what you pay for!

apachediamond

Visit site
My horse is insured with them, no problems paying out 5k for respiratory infection in October. From claim to pay out was less than 2 weeks.