Animal Friends Insurance

Scarlett

Visit site
I posted a while back asking about Animal Friends as my premiums had gone up excessively with NFU and I was thinking of changing. I did swap to AF in the end and saved myself over £100 a month for my 4 horses.

I've had to put my first claim in and they have been brilliant. All done online and by email. Regular updates to tell me what was going on. The vet finally submitted the horses clinical history this am and AF emailed me to tell me and say there would be a decision in 5-7 days - just had an email to confirm that they are paying and the money will be in my account in a couple of days.

Very pleased so far.

Follysmum

Visit site
You have been lucky thats good. I had a nightmare with these people, very unprofessional, rude and unpleasant to deal with. Had to threaten with ombudsman to get payment.

budley95

Visit site
I can echo Scarlett's experience with them. They paid a £2,850 bill in total, no arguments directly to my vet. First claim for over £1100 was sent off by my vets on the Tuesday and they had the expected amount in their account by the following Monday. I'm not with them this year though as my boy's now a veteran and I wanted him to be covered for illness as well as injury.

vmac66

Visit site
I have my horse insured with them although haven't had a claim. We have both our dogs insured with them snd one of them has various health problems one of which is lifelong. They have always paid out and I have always found them freindly and helpful.

Scarlett

Visit site
Follysmum, was that a couple of years ago? They used to be underwritten by E&L and didn't have a great reputation.

I was with NFU for years and had no complaints however the experience with AF this week has shown me how much better insurance companies can be, esp with communication. Very impressed, and would still have been impressed even if they hadn't paid, just poorer!

Follysmum

Visit site
Scarlett was 18months ago so well may of been. They really were awful, I know a few people had real problems also. Nice to hear some positive stories as these times are the most stressful for animal owners.

Worldiscomplete

Visit site
They've been brilliant with me and and my first horse. He died of EGS after ten months of owning him :( so they coughed up over 3,000 vet/hospital/death plus his original sale price of 5,000. Can't fault that at all. This time round new horse got colic/ulcers and now have stopped any gut issues. I'm sure other insurers would do the same. I'm glad OP you've had good experience, hope that continues.