ANIMO BREECHES - dodgy sizing?!

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
Is it just me or do Animo breeches come up very small??

I bought a pair in November that was an IT40, they are fit great on my legs and bum, but seem very tight round my actual hips?!

And when I checked the size guide an IT40 according to Animo is a size 12!!!!

I was horrified to read this as I always wear size 8 jeans!
Another website said an IT40 was a size 10 which made me feel a little better but I'm looking to buy a new pair and was hoping to go up a size so they aren't squeezing my hips (despite fitting really nicely otherwise!) but if I go up another size then Animo will brand me a size 14!!!!

Anybody else have this problem?
Or do I just have wide hips and a none existent bum and legs...

amage

Visit site
Is it just me or do Animo breeches come up very small??

I bought a pair in November that was an IT40, they are fit great on my legs and bum, but seem very tight round my actual hips?!

And when I checked the size guide an IT40 according to Animo is a size 12!!!!

I was horrified to read this as I always wear size 8 jeans!
Another website said an IT40 was a size 10 which made me feel a little better but I'm looking to buy a new pair and was hoping to go up a size so they aren't squeezing my hips (despite fitting really nicely otherwise!) but if I go up another size then Animo will brand me a size 14!!!!

Anybody else have this problem?
Or do I just have wide hips and a none existent bum and legs...

Does it really matter what size they are once they fit and are comfortable? Italian brands notoriously come up small but it doesn't really make a difference what it says on the label if they fit

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
I'm just worried I've put on weight without noticing, I don't have a problem with bigger sizes but it's the fact that I might be a lot bigger than I thought!

old hand

Visit site
Why don't you measure yourself with a tape and see how that compares to the size chart? I find the makes vary a lot shapewise and some seem to shrink when you wash them no matter how careful you are about drying them.

glamourpuss

Visit site
Animo are titchy! I think I'm I must be a similar size to you, when I tried on a pair I picked up the equivalent of an 8....I couldn't get them past my knees 😂