Ankle pain, a new thing

Cakey Face

Visit site
Hi, ive been having a lot of pain lately whilst riding. This is only happening on my left ankle but its awful. I cant put any weight down into my heels so i have even been losing my stirrup.
Nothing has changed, same horse, same tack which has always been so comfortable for me. I get relief when i take my leg out of the stirrup and circle my foot. The pain also starts affecting my knee too.
could this be a sign of a weak ankle. Ive heard that this can happen to new riders but ive been back riding over a year now and ive never had this problem.
anyone else experienced this or overcome it? I know it sounds silly but its so painful and i cannot ride when my ankle is like this. My whole foot just turns in and cannot take the weight.
Many Thanks

x-di-x

Visit site
I sometimes get this. I find lowering my stirrup a hole helps as does wearing a support on my ankle.

It comes and goes with me and is always worse in the winter (when I generally exercise less). Tho I have been making a conscious effort this winter to exercise more and it's not been as bad

Cakey Face

Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Your right im thinking perhaps its the weather. Today was one of the colder days and it was bad today. Will try the ankle support.
A BIG Thank You

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
You could try some flexi-stirrups , much more comfortable for the ankles and less likely to lose stirrups.

becca1305

Visit site
Agree ^^. I have a weak ankle & knee (both have old ligament injuries). Flexi stirrups are an absolute godsend & I really would struggle dreadfully without them, definitely worth trying :).