Annoyed by bad behaviour at Olympia

Twiglet

Visit site
We were lucky enough to be at Olympia on Saturday, and what a fab show it was.

However, the day was somewhat spoilt by the rude behaviour of the people seated behind us. After the Masters class, the riders each threw their rosettes to a child in the crowd - a nice touch we thought. One of the riders - I believe it was John Whittaker - dropped his rosette over the barrier into the lap of a young girl we were with.

However, before we knew what had happened, an old woman in the row behind had pushed through, shoving aside the girl who received the rosette, and grabbed it from her lap, whilst her friends cackled hysterically.

I was absolutely disgusted by her behaviour - not only did she steal the rosette in the first place, but she was also very rough about it, and felt it necessary to take it away from the child it was intended for.

She was at least 60, and with a group of older people and possibly her daughter - if that had been my mother I would have been utterly mortfied by her rude behaviour.

Just had to have a rant, I was absolutely fuming! No wonder horse people get accused of having bad manners - this woman practically assaulted a child for a rosette!!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
I'd have grabbed it back off the ignorant cow and given it back to the little girl.

What disgusting behaviour
mad.gif
confused.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
I really wish i had!! Unfortunately I was seated a bit further down and couldn't reach!! I was fuming though, I made sure they heard a few choice words about it, and the people she was with looked suitably embarrassed on her behalf.
I might have expected that behaviour from a small kid or something but an old woman, and her friends?! Obviously aren't allowed out of the nursing home very often.......

Twiglet

Visit site
i know, I feel silly for not saying anything now! But we'd had such a lovely day, I didn't want to ruin it for my friends by screaming across the stands, and she made sure she scarpered pretty sharpish at the end! I don't think she wanted to risk meeting me outside!

Hopefully her second hand rosette will make her feel like a better person.....sad individual!

no_no_nanette

Visit site
That's just awful! And imagine how disapponted and upset the little girl must have felt!
A much more minor whinge about the spectators at Olympia ... we went on Firday evening, and it was just the most amazing and exciting show! But marred by the usual idiots who just REFUSE to stop using flash photography in spite of the commentator asking them to, and in one case it was obvious that a bright flash had caused one of the horses in the Accenture Speed Stakes to hesitate and had put him off his stride. Why do people do it? I think that the show organisers should get really, really tough, and have stewards going into the audience and asking people to leave if they refuse to stop using flash photography. (But that't just me being heavy, perhaps?!
blush.gif
) The other thing that we found really annoying was that during the Puissance people were coming and going so that we twice missed the crucial big jump as our view was blocked....
Anyway, got that off my chest
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
Wth regards to the woman takng the rosette I would have been straight over to her and told her to give it back - or would have shouted so everyone knew what she did as I think its appauling behaviour
mad.gif

Wth regards to flash photography - makes me SO angry and I am with you, if you are caught using it you should be ejected or have your camera confiscated and donated to charity
mad.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
Luckily she's a very mature lass, and has thousands of rosettes of her own, so she wasn't too bothered! I think it upset me more, it was just such blatent rudeness!

I agree on flash photography, even though it wasn't too bad on the Saturday. People just seem to think the request doesn't apply to them!

The Met Police display was absolutely fantastic, I absolutely loved it!

vivhewe

Visit site
How bloody rude is that! Just reading it makes my blood boil! Some people really have no idea about manners at all
mad.gif

Edited 'cos I can't spell

TGM

Visit site
The flash photography annoyed me too - I think they should confiscate the cameras of people using flash and only give them back at the end of the performance. Other gripes are people getting up and down in the middle of a jumping round - why can't they wait a couple of minutes I don't know. Also had a woman behind me who insisted on crossing her legs and kicking me in the back every five minutes
mad.gif

(I'm turning into such a Grumpy Old Woman!)

TequilaMist

Visit site
Beggars belief from someone you would think is old enough to know better and shame as it was a nice gestrue from rider!
I'm a great believer in 'what turns around comes around'(think thats how its put)so sure she'll get payback in some shape or form for her nasty selfish behaviour!!
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
I think a well worded letter to H&H is called for!

What a horrible woman, probably just the sort that harps on about bad manners in the youth of today and pushes to the front of queues.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Twiglet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I would be tempted to write to H&H and shame her! Although acting like that she probably doesnt even read it....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I said! well actually I said she probably can't read at all!

I'm going to write one off now......

eventergirl87

Visit site
how discusing!!

that kind of behaviour from a women that should know blumming better!

makes my blood boil, poor girl it was intended for ...... what a nice jester from the riders though..... shame it was so rudely recked.

weevil

Visit site
It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who think that "no flash photography" doesn't apply to them
mad.gif

Also agree with you on when people take their seats in the middle of a round. I was at the dressage on wednesday in the second row and the number of people who decided to try to get to their seats in the middle of a test was ridiculous.

ecrozier

Visit site
God that is AWFUL
shocked.gif

We were there last night, and when we got to our seats had a bit of a shock.... there were 7 of us, but we arrived seerately, and two had sat at one end of our row, and three girls had sat in the middle, and when the next two of our friends arrived, refused to move! So when the last 3 of us arrived, they still refused to move even when asked by the steward, and claimed their own seats were occupied! Whatever....
Eventually he made them move, but they were so rude about it....grrrr!
And we also had some kind of family domestic going on in the row in front which was a bit annoying....and the flash photography as well, i agree about kicking people out!!!
but despite all of the above, we still had a great eveing and can't wait for next year, although I did want ryan prater to win the last class as I bought my horse off his dad 10 years ago!!
blush.gif

samsaccount

Visit site
OMG I cannot believe that happened!
I would have had a right go at her no matter how much of a scene i made, that was so wrong of her! I cannot believe how rude some people are, the amount of kids who answer back to their parents, do the whole 'happy slapping' thing, have an attitude with people for no reason. What is wrong with society, no wonder kids are turning out that way with adults like her around! I hope karma comes back and bites her arse damn right hard, it is good to hear that the child was so mature about it shows that age does not mean maturity.

emmajanerushton

community.webshots.com
I would write to JW he wouldnt have liked to have seen that happen he is good enough to pass his rosettes off to the children, i would have cause a riot and complained to show officials of her behavior, its sickening, not noticed the photgraphy to much but during the dressage to music could constantly here a screaming baby had to keep muting tele as though mine had woken, thats very off putting, if you can afford to go to olympia hire a babysitter and leave with grandparents, not fair to paying spectators & competitors that pay to watch the event to have a child who incapable of apprciating the performance wailing its head off.

I prefer to watch from home now, better view, and cheaper, only thing i hate is adverts, missing presentations and seeing the in between bits anyone know if the panto bit will be on tele or shet grand national, saw some bits on gmtv but love the fun bits inbetween.

miniemy

Visit site
I second that, hopefully if you write in to HandH they will publish something and the old hag will recognise what an utter cow she was.

Emma

galaxy

Visit site
I was there on Friday night, and was getting so cross at this girl sat behind me. As soon as ANYTHING happened (rider announced, finished course, anything really that deserved applause) she screamed at the top of her voice!!! Now I don't mind people getting enthusiastic and having a good time, but creaming avery couple of minutes is so false, no-one can be that excited and enthusiastic about every little thing all night!!! I had such a headache by the end of the night!

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but creaming avery couple of minutes is so false, no-one can be that excited and enthusiastic about every little thing all night!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think the fuller quote is even more amusing to those of us with gutter mentalities
blush.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif