Annoyed by bad behaviour at Olympia

Allykat

Visit site
How about writing to all the well known horsey mags.....someone must read one that knows her!! Appaling behaviour
frown.gif

I tend to only go to hickstead, shows like Olympia annoy me too much
blush.gif
blush.gif

The number of people that come and go throughout the classes, kick your seat, fidget and fart about, rummage in their bags, small children that really dont want to be there, flash photography.......ermmm I'll stop there
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
It's the ones that sit with their bags of shopping pressed against you the ENTIRE show that gets me.
That and the riders bar/spectators bar which has constant noise and shrieks from it!

SusieJane

Visit site
I didn't make it to Olympia this year, but last year I took my two daughters, and was disgusted at the general behaviour/turn out of some people!

I'm no snob (plastic spoon v silver spoon), but it was like being at a chav fest.

My daughter won a prize on one of the shop stalls, and a guy (45+) called her a lucky f*cking b*tch, and then proceeded to yell at the guy it was a fix, and to give his daughter a prize too!

And what is it with people turning up in jodphurs, 1/2 chaps, dirty boots, and baseball caps ~ but fully made up!!! Yes, we KNOW you have a horse... it's Olympia FFS!

Mmmm, Happy F*cking Christmas to the Chav's and Thieves of Olympia!

Rant well and truly over

Thistle

Visit site
I had the 'loud' family behind me last night who insisted on giving a running commentary on everything, even after we had asked them to talk, not shout. I ended up having to lean right forward in my seat to prevent being deafened by them and have a stiff neck now.

Doublethyme

Visit site
That is such a shame for the young girl. Oh dear, think I would have been over the seats and bashed the woman on the head!!!
mad.gif
Probably not the thing to do, but have a bit of a quick temper for things like that!
blush.gif

Oh well, as you say your young friend has her own rosettes to be proud off, obviously the silly old bag is such a dreadful horsewoman that she can't get any of her own so has to steal them!
grin.gif

I too got really fed up with the flash photography, it is so rude and shows a lack of respect and care for the horses I feel.

Overall though, we had a fab time on Saturday - although did feel sorry for Franke Sloothak in the jump off, as I bet he doesn't make mistakes like that very often!!
ooo.gif

Thistle

Visit site
Ellen went out of the Grand Prix last night due to the flashes, you saw Locarno hesitate and miss his stride into fence 5, just as all the flashes went off in his eyeline. Can't her fans understand that they are wrecking her round.

The commentator asked for no flashes again after her round, lasted for a couple of rounds then it started again.

Vicki1986

Visit site
emmajanerushton yes i agree about the baby - sorry mums i am not child-friendly. spoiled the dressage somewhat (all 10 mins i watched of it!!)

I agree with others write to H&H and JW. What DISGUSTING behaviour. Unfortunately i wouldnt have been able to keep my cool and wouldve made sure the entire stadium knew about it. what a nasty old cow!!!!

JessPickle

Visit site
One thing that really bugged me was some parents who has brought there 3 ish and 4 ish children to olympia and expected them to watch the whole show they got so bored do were going mad blocking my view jumping up and down on seat rocking seats making my seat wobble got really annoyed. Then those people who come in at a crucial moment and block your view

Twiglet

Visit site
Emmjane, I love the way you refer to your child as 'rising 11'! That's hilarious, do you also measure his/her height in hands?! Love it.

Livetoride, Olympia is absolutely amazing, and despite the bad behaviour of a few, it is still one of the best horse shows around. The reason the behaviour of the rude pensioner stood out so much was because the rest of the show was so great!