ANNOYED!!!!!

goneshowjumping

Visit site
Sorry this is yet another post about the weather! so far it has not been that bad in my area, but the ground has got that rutted and now rock hard ive had no option but to leave my boy in today, and its killed me to do it!
we have all year turn out but the ground is sooooo dangerous!
looking at the weather for the next 14 days it aint getting any better!
its driving me nuts!
sorry for the rant, but just had to vent!

Gemsie

Visit site
Hi goneshowjumping,

I 100% agree - I am sick of it, my two are out today in the summer paddocks - frozen but at least not rutted - they have a massive pile of hay and are coming in at 2pm,

I see you are from peterborough - please can you see my colic post from earlier today? I am not sure of your exact location but wondering if you are nearby...

Many thanks

Gem

kal40

Visit site
Your lucky if its just hitting you now. I've had snow since 19th December. Haven't ridden out for over a month and horses are stuck in most of the time. Only turned out for a couple of hours at a time in a little paddock just over from their stables.

Only good thing is I have massive stables and they seem quite happy. Roll on spring - I'm fed up too.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
hi gem, nice to see another peterborian!!!!
ill PM you
magicmillbrook....i havent ridden properly for 3 weeks neither, not sure how much more of this i can take TBH!
if anyone wants to come and ride a "i havent been ridden for 3 weeks TB, and i may be insane now" let me know!!! lol

Gemsie

Visit site
great - thanks goneshowjumping...

I have only managed to ride a few times in the last couple of weeks - only walk and trot really but just enough to keep my young warmblood sane.

Actually her and the old lad have behaved impeccibly since the frozen weather and snow - I really cant complain as have managed to get them turned out every day - even if only for a few hours.

Roll on summer!

kal40

Visit site
At work this morning we had to get a JCB to clear the snow from the yard. Great big heaps lying everywhere. Its been snowing all morning too.

The young lads at work love it. Well seeing they don't have horsies.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
I hve no room to moan after reading kal40's post! poor you. i know others have been affected harder, its just diving me up the wall, had so much planned for the new year, and now im unplanning it!