Annular Ligament Operation - experiences or information?

_jetset_

Visit site
I have also put this in Veterinary...

A client of mine has been recommended to have the annular ligament operation on her young horse due to an injury which is making her ever so slightly lame.

I have been looking for some experiences on here as she is quite upset as this was her horse of a lifetime, so I am looking for some advice from anyone who knows about the operation or has experience with it. There is not much on line really, which surprised me.

popsdosh

Visit site
I have also put this in Veterinary...

A client of mine has been recommended to have the annular ligament operation on her young horse due to an injury which is making her ever so slightly lame.

I have been looking for some experiences on here as she is quite upset as this was her horse of a lifetime, so I am looking for some advice from anyone who knows about the operation or has experience with it. There is not much on line really, which surprised me.
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/foru...ligaments-to-help-prevent-reinjury-of-tendons

I think this turned out to be about the annular ligament rather than the checks.
Not the same horse by any chance as very recent . The link to research suggested a 72% success rate!

Burnttoast

Visit site
I know two horses who had this op done - an aged hunter and a low-level BS horse. Both returned to full work with no after effects to report. No details I'm afraid but hope this is useful!