Another BD report from Fitz and Co.

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Took Fitz out again today to try and get a few more points toward his winter qualification at Novice. He has been a little on the wild side this week, and we have lost a bit of the nice calm controlled Fitz and gained a rather piaffey bouncy one instead. So not too confident about today, but all outings are good experience and that...

Gave him loads of time in the warm up, and he managed to contain himself although took a bit of work to take the edge off, he has become a bit light in the NS snaffle now that he is getting more balanced in his frame, think he needs a slightly chunkier one so will experiement next week. I have always said once he had control of his body he would be very light in the mouth and he seems to be proving me right.

Went in for first test and was good apart from a baby moment in the canter trans going on the wrong leg, and a very unbalanced counter canter/trot trans, mainly due to him panicing a bit about the contact. Could have been better, and no way as good as last week but considering how sharp he has been all week I was pleased with him. Esp fixing the incorrect canter lead on the long side.

Second test was ruined slightly by a very scary plastic bag someone was holding at the gate, which brought his piaffe back out :rolleyes:

He did settle and did some lovely work, but got a bit worried in the canter work, which in turn threw me a bit so we put in an extra circle just for fun :D

He also wanted to play at half steps for the entire free walk :rolleyes:

1st judge loved him and gave him 68.3% (considering the errors we were very pleased with that) 2nd judge wanted more implulsion in his trot work, which he honestly does not need!!!!

Ended up 1st and 2nd :) and only need 3 more points for his WQ :)

And Ferdinase actually took some super photos.... (she blames the camera for last weeks poor effort :D)

burgie.jpg

burgie3.jpg

burgie2.jpg

burgie4.jpg

Thanks for reading :)

Ferdinase514

Visit site
He was a star! Funny though how when you have a big flashy horse, people are either lovely and ask about his breeding, or winge that you are "riding at them"! As if MH would even know how to ride at someone!

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
'Tis one handsome boy.

Really think its terrible that you expect him to ride ANYWHERE near plastic bags. He should come up and live with me in a plastic bag free environment :D