Another clippers question- Wahl Artikos

Law

Visit site
Hi all- long post sorry
confused.gif

I bought some Wahl Artiko (mains) clippers before Christmas and gave my horse a full clip. During the clipping time I was only taking the regrowth of a blanket clip off and the rest of his body but i had to stop and dismantle the clippers lots and lots of times. Right at the end I was managing to get one or two strokes of coat off before they would stop clipping again. I was getting pretty mad by this time and fed up of stripping them and cleaning them thoroughly so I took them back to the shop and complained. The shop owner suggested that I took them back to the yard, tried to finish the clip and then brought them back in the new year and she'd send them off to Wahl to have the tension looked at. So I did this. Finished the clip and a couple of weeks later I gave him a warm bath (as the shop owner had suggested that perhaps he was too dirty to clip properly, which he wasn't) and I ran over the tufty bits to tidy him up before i sent the clippers back. Even though he was fully clipped already and totally clean and dry they still had problems taking the coat off.
I sent them back about 10 days ago and Wahl have returned them saying that the tension was fine but the blades 'appeared to be blunt'. The shop owner had told me previously that there was *no way* the blades could be blunt as they were brand new and that it should take about 6-8 clips to make them blunt.

Anyway- when the shop owner comes back to work next week do you think it would be unreasonable of me to want a refund? I have the receipt and I had taken them back originally within a week of getting them.

If I manage to get a refund which clippers do you guys recommend instead? I'm looking at paying a bit more if they'll blinking work!!
crazy.gif
I'll have £140 back and could prob put another £50 in to upgrade them. I don't mind if they are mains or not. I just want ones that i don't have to take apart 10 times in one clip
frown.gif

Sorry for huge post and i hope you can help
smile.gif

rrose

Visit site
thats a bit annoying, definatly ask for a refund. i have the liveryman ones.. they are long lasting and heavy duty. expensive though. if they dont give you a refund demand new clipper blades

Troggy

Visit site
For my Birthday (last week) I got the Moser/Wahl Horseline Artiko Clippers, presume the same as yours, and used them to re do a trace size ish clip with no trouble whatsoever, sounds like a dodgy set??
Although it does say they aren't suitable for very thick coats, see below from the Peasridge website where I got mine:

The newly launched Cera ceramic coated blade with a longer clipping life is a welcomed introduction, however some evidence suggests whilst they work perfectly on most breeds of horses - a few - thick coated cobs and natives - can presents problems!

Both the ceramic and the steel 2.3mm wide blades will cope with most horse coats, however due to the many breeds and resulting cross breeds occasionally one will meet with a coat texture which creates difficulties and in some case cannot be clipped with this type of blade. Unfortunately this is difficult to predict without first attempting to clip.

However is cases were difficulty is experience, start with slowing down the speed at which you attempt to "push" the machine/blade through the coat hair. Success may often be achieved if you just "crawl" over the area avoiding the blades becoming clogged with hair. This may seem a bit of a "pain" but then presumably you are in the first instant using this type machine because a traditional machine is not for whatever reason acceptable to either you or your horse or both.

If this is not the case then clearly you should not be using the "Artiko" or similar type clippers, and should use a tradition heavy-duty unit.

Hope this helps, it does sound like yours had dodgy blades or something?