Another disappointing result

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Yesterday was our RC area dressage to music qualifier and it was at the Town and Country festival.
The surface was lovely as it is where they hold the BD summer champs . Rafi warmed up very calmly and Claire heard someone from parelli say how calm and relaxed he was .He did a nice test which she was pleased with, we felt for some others because a lot of horses were upset by the other distractions. The scores went up and he was 2nd, we collected his sheet and checked it and it had been added up incorrectly and he had 10 points more, Claire wouldn't take it back but I did and they corrected him to 1st.So good result.
Then it was the music and I didn't realise we had to write a report on horse and rider , others had great reports before they went in but ,silly me , we had nothing. It went perfectly, absolutely to the music and timing but 'Oh dear' when the scores went up the score was not good, she was disappointed because she has always got fantastic marks for it, including a 4th at last years nationals when she went wrong and coming equal 1st with Paul Friday at her BD qualifier with 73%. Anyway she came 3rd out of 4 and when we got the sheet the judge gave the horse good marks but hated the music and gave 6.5 [usually get 8.5 for it!] and to top it off she deducted 2 marks for over time , this music has been used at the RC champs and has never been over timed!
Still you can't win them all and it means we can do our local petplan now as it was clashing with the champs.
Don't know if to find different music now or just carry on , just hope we don't have this judge again.
So luck not changed , horse going well but things are just not working out at the moment.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
im sorry to hear the judge wasnt overly appreciative of efforts made although its fantastic that your horse is going well - thats what reali matters the placings are just a bonus x

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
What a bummer!
frown.gif

I LOVE your music as have all the judges you've had before yesterday..........so stick with it.
smile.gif
If several judges dislike it then maybe change but until then.......
As for the timing
confused.gif
Make sure you know exactly what it is and if in a position that happens again and it could make a diffence, I'd challenge it.
Obviously yesterday it wasn't worth the bother.

Tomorrow's another day.
smile.gif

JLav

Visit site
Judges should NOT mark a competitor down because they don't like the music!!

Everyone's taste is different and according to the judging guidelines you mark on the interpretation of the music, how it is linked together and the suitability of it for the horse not whether you like it or not.

The chances of using music that all the judges will like is so small which is why we are not supposed to take our tastes into account.

I like your music alot but the only down side of it is that it is used extensively. I use it myself in some local classes but use different music at regionals etc because of the number of times it gets heard (at least 10 times just in the Ele at Addington last year!!) It still should not be marked down even then.

Bubblegum

Visit site
Your definition of disappointing is a bit different from mine!!!!
Sorry that the judge didn't like your music... but these things are just down to personal taste... so wait and see if other judges feel the same - as it takes a lot of time & effort to change a DTM, I know. As you say, other judges have liked it...
Now... if you really want a disappointing weekend... then I could go on... but no, don't want to hijack....!!!!

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Thank you all, I know we should always be happy if the horse goes well ,and results don't really matter but when you have a qualifier once a year then it seems to matter ,but of course it doesn't and as long as we are healthy then there is always tomorrow.
It just seemed to be as perfect as it can be and it has always scored well , in fact when they had a judges training day at Morton Morrell he was given a great mark by every potential judge and the trainer commented how well she rode to the music. [FinnMcCoul gave him a 9 for the music] Still this is the nature of the beast that we call dressage and if you can't take it then don't do it.
As I said it means he can go to 2 area festivals now

Bella3puff

Visit site
It was great to see you yesterday....... Rafi looked fab and I loved your music.....

We had the same thing at the PC champs in the music

OliveOyl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
..it means we can do our local petplan now as it was clashing with the champs.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't do Area Festivals if you did Music at Nationals, rule 143 b iii - ". . .lose their eligibility to compete at Area Festival if they compete at the National Champs" at Music

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Because they introduced novice restricted at champs ,I asked if this rule applies and it went to committee and was decided that only the first 5 would be under this rule and then they had to get quite a high percentage. We came 4th at RC champs but at nationals he got his tongue over the bit and blew up and so came down the list. So we can do area final

SaraG

Visit site
Sorry TC - you've not fully understood the rule amendment.

The change that you initiated relates to the ruling that requires a rider who has been in the top 10 of a Restricted section at the National/Winter champs having to move up to Open at that level thereafter.

Therefore someone placed in a Freestyle class at the Winters may continue to ride Restricted in "standard" dressage, only having to ride Open in the Freestyles.

However - that makes no difference to the ruling regarding ability to ride at the AFs - 143 b) iii) and v). If a rider has ridden at the Nationals/Winters they may not compete at that level or below in AFs for that year or the following year. That includes the Freestyle Championships.

Sorry - but better that you know now than compete at an AF and subsequently get eliminated.