Another dog attack

Petalpoos

Visit site
Sounds horrific, particularly the bit about the dog cleaning up the floor ?

Another Gofundme request I see, which seems obligatory now after every event. Tragic event, but not sure why we should all be paying for someone who had the money to fly to Bulgaria and get the dog in the first place.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
It’s a livestock gaurdian breed. Awful for the woman. But I was somewhat ? yesterday at the sense of entitlement displayed by the son.

The comments on fb yesterday (whilst sympathetic to the injuries) were less than sympathetic about the overall situation.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I'm happy to be wrong, but is it just me that is seeing the resource guarding, flat back ears, side eye fixed stare red flags in this image presumably taken long before the attack?
IMO this was an accident waiting to happen, stupid woman. I don't wish hurt on anyone, but I'm another who won't be funding her idiocy by donating to the gofundme.

1655800310430.png

Controversial comment probably but I think all foreign import rescues should be banned. We have enough need of our own (yes I know our rescues make it hard to adopt sometimes), and lots of foreign breed dogs struggle to adapt to life in a home having roamed round on the streets and survived alone for so long. You don't know what baggage they have, how they have been taught to react/behave by stranger interactions on the street etc, now how they will be able to cope with not being able to roam any more. And that's ignoring the fact that they hav ebeen known to bring in diseases.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Sounds horrific, particularly the bit about the dog cleaning up the floor ?

Another Gofundme request I see, which seems obligatory now after every event. Tragic event, but not sure why we should all be paying for someone who had the money to fly to Bulgaria and get the dog in the first place.

Exactly this!

conniegirl

Visit site
Why should the police be expected to clear up their mess?
Having recently experienced having to have a very dangerous dog pts i can understand why they asked the police to help, their marksmen would have made it a lot easier. However you should then be expected to pay for the service.

Our one was a large sized golden retriever belonging to my parents, he had always been a bit antisocial but he just snapped at Christmas, there was no warning, he just lost it at the housekeeper who was smart enough to slam the door in his face and lock it so he couldnt get to her which then locked him in the cellar and garden.
The vet couldn’t get near, the dog was going to tear apart anyone who went anywhere near the gate or doors. Nothing was calming him down, we tried drugging him in food but he was so amped up it barely touched the sides.
We ended up with a wildlife vet darting him.

We had a PM done and he had brain tumor but no one knew about it.

maisie06

Visit site
I'm happy to be wrong, but is it just me that is seeing the resource guarding, flat back ears, side eye fixed stare red flags in this image presumably taken long before the attack?
IMO this was an accident waiting to happen, stupid woman. I don't wish hurt on anyone, but I'm another who won't be funding her idiocy by donating to the gofundme.

View attachment 94607

Controversial comment probably but I think all foreign import rescues should be banned. We have enough need of our own (yes I know our rescues make it hard to adopt sometimes), and lots of foreign breed dogs struggle to adapt to life in a home having roamed round on the streets and survived alone for so long. You don't know what baggage they have, how they have been taught to react/behave by stranger interactions on the street etc, now how they will be able to cope with not being able to roam any more. And that's ignoring the fact that they hav ebeen known to bring in diseases.

It's also looking none too happy in the pic at the very top of the newspaper article, the cold stare, flat back ears and stiff body language is even apparent then - and she's giving it a kiss - made my blood chill

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I think I’ve missed a trick here by not immediately setting up a go fund me page when I was catapulted off my three year old 17.2 ID two weeks ago resulting in multiple fractures to my pelvis and hip sockets. I mean it wasn’t my lack of judgment that put me in this predicament. Any sensible nearly 64 year old woman would have done the same - throw away the contact and hook leg over saddle to do up girth on newly broken youngster whilst another three year old ID is careering around the field the other side of the arena fence. Noooo, none of it was my fault. Money needed for sturdier arena fence. €4.5k should do it. I’m sure you’ll understand that I won’t be able to thank you individually for your generosity given the huge number of donations I’m sure to receive. ? Seriously, I don’t wish this woman any ill will at all, I’m sure she is a very kind and compassionate person, but this knee jerk reaction of holding other agencies responsible for cleaning up after your mistakes and feeling entitled to scrounge money via go fund me is just wrong in my opinion.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

100% agree.