Another eventer killed..

LottieandMaisy

Visit site
Just saw on H&H's main website that another eventer has been killed doing xc.
''A professional event rider died at Schenefeld Horse Trials in Germany on Saturday (4 August) after she was thrown from her horse during the cross-country phase.
Tina Richter-Vietor, 32, was catapulted out of the saddle when Paulchen Panther fell at the second jump on the CIC** course. She broke her neck''

Is it just me or is this becoming more and more frequent? It really seems that steps need to be taken because that's about the 11th well publicised death this year and can be doing no good for the sport of eventing and certainly not for the poor riders either.

hayleygunson

Visit site
Maybe you wear this body protector that streaches up your neck and it's solid but not stiff...
... maybe not!!!
grin.gif

Was the horse ok??? I hope so - I send my condolences for the rider and her family and friends...
Or... *flashing light* ... maybe they could make all the fences rubber (you'll probably cause more damage bouncing off it! - imagine rubber water!)
grin.gif

CheekyCob

Visit site
Lol MerryMare! Rubber Jumps. Worth Considering I think!
laugh.gif

I never liked or i think will like XC. I know this is lame but i don't like the fact that the jumps don't fall down. -.- Just my opinion, but I'll happily pop over a few logs on a hack
laugh.gif