_jetset_

Visit site
Will you explain what Trec is to me?

Also, what did you think of Carrside?

She looks so lovely
laugh.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
The Indoor Winter Trec is about Control of Paces and negotiating obsticles. To start you have to do the slowest canter you can without breaking into trot - break the pace and you get no points
Then you start on the PVT course,
1. canter corridoor - very narrow, so I trotted it!
2. Walk over a 'bridge'
Etc etc
Then the final bit, walk as fast as possible back down the canter corridoor without any jogging/trotting for full marks

Its great fun! May seems to have quite taken to it!

Butterbean

Visit site
That looks really interesting, I'd like to have a go. What were you doing when you were dismounting and mounting again (ie what was this supposed to be demonstrating)? (Apologies for what is probably stupid question but dont know much about le Trec)

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Will you explain what Trec is to me?

Also, what did you think of Carrside?

She looks so lovely
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, and Carrside it lovely, bit of a nightmare to get too! It took 30mins from the Broughton lights off the M6 down windy country lanes!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
That looks really interesting, I'd like to have a go. What were you doing when you were dismounting and mounting again (ie what was this supposed to be demonstrating)? (Apologies for what is probably stupid question but dont know much about le Trec)

[/ QUOTE ]
You have to dismount, then walk over the 'ditch' with the horse, then you are supposed mount from the ground within the circle without the horse moving for marks (unfortunately we are not very good at that
crazy.gif
)

Hornby

Visit site
May looks great..I can't get my video to upload anywhere (cross!!) and I am sure they have marked my walk section incorrectly...I can't fault it (boo!). Anyway, nice to see you today and the beautiful May.

hollibobs

Visit site
Hi Lisa - can't believe you were at Carrside yesterday, I livery there now, well for the time being anyway. If I'd have known you were going I would have stayed onto watch you. What time were you on? Well done on coming 7th by the way.

I know what you mean about getting there! I usually go down to the the junction at Ribbleton to get on the motorway, takes about 20 minutes. I dred the day I meet another wagon coming the other way down that narrow lane. It's the only drawback though, the facilities are great, Alison (YO) is fantastic and the hacking is second to none.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Lisa - can't believe you were at Carrside yesterday, I livery there now, well for the time being anyway. If I'd have known you were going I would have stayed onto watch you. What time were you on? Well done on coming 7th by the way.

I know what you mean about getting there! I usually go down to the the junction at Ribbleton to get on the motorway, takes about 20 minutes. I dred the day I meet another wagon coming the other way down that narrow lane. It's the only drawback though, the facilities are great, Alison (YO) is fantastic and the hacking is second to none.

[/ QUOTE ]

We arrived there at 1.30 and were there until about 3.30 - what a shame I missed you. How is Jethro doing? The yard does look fab, great surfaces too. But the hacking must make up for it being a bit far out.

hollibobs

Visit site
I'd left by 1130am. Are they holding any more up there. If so you'll have to let me know and I'll make sure I'm there to see you.

Jethro's fine, we're having a few quiet months competition wise, will start doing some BSJA in January then eventing starts agin March - yippee! Where are you based now?

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I'm still in Kirkham. Not sure when/where the next Trec will be, but we are doing a bit of everything this winter - starting wtih some unafilliated SJ this week, and booking in for dressage on 21st
shocked.gif
there's a few things coming up at Broomhill too, planning on the indoor hunter trials and eventers challenge! Busy busy busy!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Hey well done!! How on earth do you remember the route/sequence of moves? Looks really complicated to me
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I made it look more complicated by keep doing circles to remember where I was going next! All the obsticles are numbered, so as long as you keep within the time limit you can circle!