Another horse killed...selfish driver!!!

VikingSong

Visit site
That's absolutely horrendous. That poor horse. I feel so sorry for the owner too. I hope the f'ing moron driver has the book thrown at them.

This is why I don't "do" roads. There's just too many idiots about.

rachk89

Visit site
That poor owner. Just makes me more wary of roads too.

If I was that rider I would not be resting til I had ruined that woman's life. She would be losing her licence her job and her reputation whatever there was of that. She almost killed a person and managed to kill a defenceless animal. She doesn't deserve to live happily without that guilt.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Hope she's prosecuted for dangerous driving. Im seriously considering getting a camera of some kind. I'm so sorry for the horse and rider.

Pedantic

Visit site
Getting to the stage where we all need a camera 24/7 with so many idiots everywhere, I doubt the sentence will reflect the devastation to the rider and family.

KAZJAZ

Visit site
devastating... poor poor girl :(

I hack less and less now as its just not safe enough, my yard is on a narrow windy lane just outside a built up housing area, there are actually 2 yards within a mile of each other, the road is busy with dog walkers, cyclists, riders etc and still people drive like idiots on it! in recent months myself and other riders on the yard have verbal abuse from drivers when we have asked them to slow down when passing, it really angers me, its a few seconds out of your day, slow the ****** down!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
This is the very reason I will be getting a camera !!!!! I ride on single track roads and sometimes there is simply no where to go! Saying that most drivers are really good. This woman needs to be shown the error of her ways !!!! :(

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
There should be the same penalties applied for killing an animal by irresponsible and/or dangerous driving, to those for killing a human.

That poor girl, that image of her lovely horse in its final moments will stay with her for life.

I really really wish for Bad Karma to be with that woman who did that............ I really do. She has just ruined someone's life - but unfortunately is likely to be let off lightly :(

Mince Pie

Visit site
Problem is that the road laws aren't nearly tough enough for situations like this - if she was caught chances it would be "Driving without due care and attention". I think the BHS need to start asking for tougher road laws to protect every vulnerable road user - especially motorbikes - and then drivers would be more wary if they knew they would face jail time. I think that along with everyone wearing helmet cameras would go a long way to sorting out this mess with dangerous drivers.

Rollin

Visit site
There should be the same penalties applied for killing an animal by irresponsible and/or dangerous driving, to those for killing a human.

That poor girl, that image of her lovely horse in its final moments will stay with her for life.

I really really wish for Bad Karma to be with that woman who did that............ I really do. She has just ruined someone's life - but unfortunately is likely to be let off lightly :(

This.

Spilletta

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this, it has brought tears to my eyes. I know accidents can happen but this was completely avoidable as the driver shouldn't have been speeding. RIP lovely horse, and all thoughts with the poor rider and her connections.

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
What a terrible thing to happen. I hope the driver is brought to justice although the penalty is unlikely to be harsh enough to fit the crime. Poor horse and poor owner.

Zero00000

Visit site
How awful :(
What a horrible way to lose your best friend,
I do hope they throw the book at the driver! she could have very easily killed the girl too!