Another horse killed

ClareGilby

Visit site
I don't know if anybody on here lives near me, Upminster. A horse was killed this month and mutilated 5 minutes from where I live. The police are investigating it, it isn't the first time, close by a couple of years ago the same thing happenned. What is wrong with these sickos, who would even think to do such a thing, I don't understand it.

Please be careful if you live near here. I had a stable saved for my horse that is coming soon and I have changed to a different one with better security.

Has anybody heard of this in their area. It made me feel sick.

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
Wait for the police report – quite often what's happened in these cases is that the horse died of natural causes and was then partially eaten by wild animals (who go for the "soft" parts first). The police report doesn't always make the headlines like the initial story.

I know it can happen, but fingers crossed there's a more innocent (but still sad) explanation.

darkbay19

Visit site
As SusanaF said I too hope there is an innocent explanation even if it is upsetting. However I don't understand the horrible people that did this in the first case anyway. I have never heard of it in my area but I still take security measures such as locked gates, tools or anything that could seriously harm a horse locked away.

minesadouble

Visit site
A Shetland was mutilated in cleadon, south tyneside recently. I believe the police report came back as deliberate.

The written report and toxicology have not yet been released. All of the 'mutilated' areas were totally consistent with wildlife damage after death and all of the 'mutilation' took place after death hence the complete lack of blood at the scene. We are quite local to this and no horse owners I know in The area are losing any sleep over the incident.

ClareGilby

Visit site
Thanks, that has made me feel a bit better, perhaps it was animals that had eaten it. I would worry about letting my kids out if somebody like that was roaming about my area. Scarey.

merlin100

Visit site
The written report and toxicology have not yet been released. All of the 'mutilated' areas were totally consistent with wildlife damage after death and all of the 'mutilation' took place after death hence the complete lack of blood at the scene. We are quite local to this and no horse owners I know in The area are losing any sleep over the incident.

Some of this sounds very similar to what's been reported in the American mid West as 'UFO cattle mutilations' and the surrounding hysteria. Turns out after scientific study that these were just natural deaths, followed by scavenger predation.

I wonder if the same could be applied to these cases in the UK?