Another How Much

BuckingHorse

Visit site
Well, we've finally made the decision to sell one of our horses and need some advice on how much.

I'm absolutely heartbroken as I bought him as a just backed 3 year old but OH wants to BSJA and he's better suited to RC.

So a bit of background, he's 16.2, dutch warmblood x anglo arab, 9 years old and took OH from a complete novice 2'3 to qualifying for RC show jumping champs and winning festival of the hunter qualifier and team 3rd at the champs. He's won and been placed unaff dressage, SJ, ODE has hunted and is totally safe with a lovely personality but gets a bit stressy when other horses leave him (not dangerous, just loses concentration). He's won up to 3' unaffiliated SJ but not really happy going any higher. Also has pads in front after a foot imbalance last year, no probs now though.

Any ideas?

Claireg9

Visit site
I think around £3.5k sorry it might be just me but i think horses are way over priced atm, he is after all just a riding club horsey, all be it a lovely sounding one!
but that is just my opinion.
Good luck selling, Claire x

Rambo

Visit site
I'm thinking nearer the £3.5k to £4k mark too.

If he won't SJ above 3' then he won't affiliate. Sorry
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
just a riding club horsey

[/ QUOTE ]
That's like saying something is just a hunter. Horses like this are highly desireable. Everything about him sounds just great. TBH I know people that would pay more for a horse like this than a novice type 'eventer'.

BuckingHorse

Visit site
Thanks! You've all been really helpful.

He has done BN/Disc but its not really his bag! Would make nice teenagers horse though as won nearly every 2'9 - 3' he entered with OH last year! Done very little since as he now has a rather nice SJ schoolmaster. Lucky g*t!

Will get some photo's when schooling tomorrow.

Thanks again. x

crazyfrog

www.sullivangatz.com
hi,
i'm soory but i wouldn't give anymore than 3000.because i think that the problem on his foot would devalue him a bit and you can find plenty quiet horses that would jump a 3ft course for less than that.not meaning that your horse isn't special.

bandit

Visit site
I'd say about the £5k mark. as you said at the w/end, if someone has the time and patience with him to bring back his confidence at jumping - starting with the 2-6 courses, he will most likely regain his ability to jump up to Disc. He's so reliable xc too that he'd be fab for a teenager going from ponies to horses as they love hunter trials etc....

Put some pics up as it always helps!! He's a lovely sort that i'm sure won't be hard to sell - bless him!

Bx