Another insurance thread

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I am just in process of ringing round and comparing pricing, are there any other reputable companies that I can try.

KBIS
SEIB
NFU
Petplan
Shearwater

Currently coming in much of a muchness apart from Petplan who were much more than everyone else. I know to avoid E and L and anyone they underwrite.

Last edited:

criso

Visit site
All the ones I've listed are ones I consider to have a good reputation, I'm sure there will be someone who has had a bad experience with all of them but I also know people who have made claims with all the above and had a good experiences too.

I was wondering if there was anyone else I should consider.

Kbis's different levels of cover was interesting as I would say they are different rather than just better e.g. the platinum came out at the lowest quote, it has a higher excess but claims that last for 15 months rather than the standard 12.

ladyt25

Visit site
You could try Rural Insurance or Towergate AIUA but you can only access them via an insurance broker. Julie Andrews is a broker who deals with horse insurance. Online, you could try insuremyhorse.co.UK They use AIUA but also some others I believe. It's more a quote and buy but you can talk to them if there's any queries or if yours flags as referred to insurer

budley95

Visit site
Animal friends were fantastic at paying out for my uncle and his mare, even when he chose the bullet rather than injection in the end.

criso

Visit site
Am waiting for Julie Andrews to get back to me.

Not heard of Animal friends before, they gave me a very competitive quote. Just going through the policy documents but as little nervous of someone I haven't heard of.

MissMoo

Visit site
Mum's horse was insured with Julie Andrews, and she really rated them. Paid out on two colics, one of which sadly resulted in loss of horse and were really helpful throughout the transactions. She only had the horse six months.

Shooting Star

Visit site
AmTrust are good to deal with and quick to pay out. Down side on the cover is that the vet fees excess is a percentage of the claim but plus side is that they are much cheaper than most others (I had quotes 1/2 the price of PetPlan) so depends on whether you're prepared to gamble on saving on the premiums but having to pay a higher excess if a big claim happens.