another potential Spindles Farm or a hoax?

ilovecobs

Visit site
Aww poor ponies :( I wish i could afford to have another one, they are only really cheep as-well, if only keeping them didn't cost so much!:(

lizziebell

Visit site
What a really odd email. Doesn't really explain anything. Are they ponies that they have rescued from the meatman perhaps? I wonder why horsemart haven't questioned this - they say they check each advert before posting.

Rana

Visit site
Very odd. Really hope it's not as bad as it looks and sounds. Ad says it's in S Yorks btw, not Berks, or I'd start asking around.

Kenzo

Visit site
There are fields and fields full of coloured young stock around the Doncaster area, most of which belonging to the gypsies/dealers.

It wouldn't suprise me if there having a bit of a clear out and using this story to pull on your heart strings a bit to get some sold off.

Having said that, I could be a totally wrong, hopefully I am.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I think I may know of this lot, the last I heard they were in danger of loosing their land, also the RSPCA had been involved (if I have the right place). If I remember rightly they set up as some sort of rescue, don't know the whole story, but bargepole and touch and don't spring to mind.

_daisy_

Visit site
I think I may know of this lot, the last I heard they were in danger of loosing their land, also the RSPCA had been involved (if I have the right place). If I remember rightly they set up as some sort of rescue, don't know the whole story, but bargepole and touch and don't spring to mind

YorksG - could you send me details of who you think this is as they cant be a million miles away from me as im also in Barnsley and have a good idea of who it possibly is and someone who may end up taking some of them in (again who arent a reputable rescue place)

horseriderdeb

Visit site
I was talking to someone today that mentioned these horses. She even told me she had spoken to the lady (I have a name) and they are in barnsley. Apparently this lady has loads of horses which she says she rescued and she only wanted the cost of chipping and passport for them which was about £50 which is a bit different to what she is asking for on the ad. I told the person to steer clear as the woman sounds more like a dealer

Visit site
Poor horses! I would have one if I could afford another horse! I hope this is a hoax. Even so, some of the horses don't look in great condition and their living conditions look cramped. Would it be worth reporting this to the WHW so that they can check it out?

scribble

Visit site
I know it is horrible to say but by H&H people and general public buying or having theses horses it only fuels their "work" or business. They appear simialr to the French rescue horses. I would report to WHW or RPSCA and if people are interested in the horses then go to these organisations. They can also take the nec enforcement action is illtreated etc.

tiggycat

Visit site
OMG, this is awful. Lets hope that "the authorities" actually do something about this before it is to late like Spindles.

Dolcé

Visit site
These are in Barnsley and I am 99.9% sure it is the couple that we bought Gypsy and Eeyore from all those years ago! If so, they had literally hundreds of wildies running in fields alongside of Barnsley Moor, they caught them and swung them using a telegraph pole before delivering them out. They were pretty much running wild on acres and acres of scrub type land. They go down south to auctions and buy up as many as they can as cheap as possible and sell them for the figures advertised, they make the prices up when you go for each one, suspect 100 for yearling colt, 150 for 2yo, 200 yearling fillies 300 for older ones! I don't think they are as much neglected as kept like farm animals and run wild. The fact that they are wildies means you are getting a blank canvas but then they ruin that with the swinging! The only thing about buying is, as we were told afterwards, you are just giving them the money to go and buy another load! Any of the Barnsley people on here will be able to tell you who they are.

foraday

Visit site
Very worrying!

Hope the authorities go and get these poor wild neddies asap

Shame on magazine that 'checks' the adverts

it is illegal to charge for transport without correct operators licence and defra licence

there are strict rules as to the transport of 'wild/unbroken' horses

Visit site
PMSL.....

I 'd run away now if i was those ponies.

Funny that F.. as I heard you wanted to help out again on said site like you did before. Oh sorry I forgot you were only there gathering info and advertising the man from Potters ponies on there for sale on your own section , well that is until you could not get their new identity/passports sorted quick enough then you had them all removed , ah but alas unfortunately threads are moved not deleted .;)

Maybe this is your mates (GiftedFlame) place . That has a lot of horses and ponies running round on waste ground.

Why not ask your friends (pmsl) at WHW to investigate them too .:rolleyes:

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Lets hope something is done soon :(

I can't stop looking at the little chestnut with the blaze which is peeking out behind the photo of the piebald, poor things.

reindeerlover

Visit site
OMG can you all just stop mud slinging and sneaky little digs on every darned thread?? We were talking about these ponies not anything else. I quite like the look of some of them actually although don't really have the facilities for feral ones- need a big barn ideally.

Witchy

Visit site
so what is the deal here, are they purely bulk bought horses and these guys are just wanting to sell horses of all ages that have had no human contact of any sort?

Um, why don't they just say that? Why the 'drama queen' advert which just makes people suspicious? If they just said they have lots of young stock that is a blank canvass then you know what you're getting and can make a decision. No point lying.

Sorry, I'm a blunt and to the point gal, can't stand b*llsh*tters. If they are lying then they deserve the suspicion from RSPCA/WHW etc.

Saying this, I'm sure there are far worse cases of horses being mistreated etc, I for one assisted in removing two from an owner just recently (not had the pleasure of bumping into their owner yet!). If these horses are running in acres of land with grass and water.... well, I can't say I'm that worried for them, the owners just need to be honest.

moorland

New User
Visit site
if anyone finds out anything about where these horses come from would they possibably pm me and let me know as we have 1 and a freind has another ,we do know that they come from there for certain ,and we have been trying to find out about their history as it might help with bringing them on

moorland

New User
Visit site
sorry could you also explain what you mean by swinging on a teligraph pole ,both horses are quirky ,and one is still untouchable anywhere apart from the tip of his nose after 18 months ,had a horse whisper out to him ,any info would really be appricated ,other horse is much better i'd like to add ,although it took time

RuthnMeg

Visit site
Swinging using telegraph poles?? Never heard of that 'phrase??' before!
AS for the ponies, yep, they do look a little lost, but when wild ponies are rounded up by humans - don't they all?
I'd have a baby filly if thats possible.