Another question about full livery....

Acolyte

Visit site
The horse I ride is on full livery - well, really I suppose it is part livery since they do all the care etc but dont ride.

Is it unreasonable to expect that, if I say I am coming at 9.30am to ride and ask that they leave the horse in after it has its breakfast, the horse is in the stable waiting for me?

It is fine when the groom is working but every single time she has a day off I come up to ride and the horse is still in the field. I then have to spend time chasing it around the field (he doesnt want me to catch him cos he knows he has to work then
grin.gif
) before I can ride.

All the YO says to me is 'oh I havent got round to feeding him yet, he can have his breakfast when you come back' - so he gets fed 'breakfast' at around 11-11.30am instead of the usual time of 8am.

I am not sure whether my request is unreasonable, or whether I am right to be irritated by this? I am inclined to say to the horses owner that she is being completely ripped off paying for full livery, and I will look after him daily in return for all the free riding I am getting!

lucretia

Visit site
i dont think you are being unreasonable if the horse is on full livery. she should think herself lucky you dont want it brushed and tacked up as well. and your friend ought to cheque about when its getting fed in the mornings as well.....

lucretia

Visit site
make sure you call her and not PT by mistake now you have learnt his number and have it on the brain like a good stalker...

Smash

Visit site
If I was paying for part/full livery I would expect my horse to in some kind of routine, not brought in and fed whenever the groom 'got around to it.'

Acolyte

Visit site
That is what I think too - YO has a young baby admittedly, but the baby is plenty old enough now to be in a routine etc....

Trouble is that A (the horse I ride) is the only part livery on the yard, so there is no-one but me to be annoyed - everyone else is DIY. His owner hasnt been to see him for about a month now (she is very busy with three young children and knows I am exercising A regularly for her).

An added gripe is that the horse is a Shire X of some type, very good doer, but YO insists that it gets a scoop of mix, a scoop of Alfa A and a scoop of sugarbeet TWICE a day
confused.gif
confused.gif

Poor animal is nearly obese, the only reason it stays reasonable is cos I ride it as much as I can
crazy.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
make sure you call her and not PT by mistake now you have learnt his number and have it on the brain like a good stalker...

[/ QUOTE ]

Snigger. Well done. Never one to miss an opportunity!
grin.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If I was paying for part/full livery I would expect my horse to in some kind of routine, not brought in and fed whenever the groom 'got around to it.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto smash, pretty much what I was going to say.

Document the details of what is happening and take it to the owner.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
An added gripe is that the horse is a Shire X of some type

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem, I think you'll find you meant 'warmblood'
wink.gif
...there is only one common Shire x Tb at the yard....(and she is on a handful of pasture mix).
S
grin.gif

lucretia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Snigger. Well done. Never one to miss an opportunity!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you know how it is, pots kettles etc
wink.gif