Another Question about the RAW diet

Leo Walker

Visit site
First

If All I am new here and I didn't notice and second of all I may not know a lot about horses but I have had 6 dogs and what I said was advised by VETS so could you stop being so judgemental

Vets have very limited nutritional training, and none whatsoever in raw feeding, and even then I very much doubt any vet ever has advised sugar free yoghurt. One of the ingredients in sugar free produce is poisonous to dogs. The rest of it was just poor advice and best ignored but this specific bit could potentially be lethal. Its the second time today I've seen you giving advice that could potentially end in the death of someones horse/dog.

ThatConnemara

Visit site
Vets have very limited nutritional training, and none whatsoever in raw feeding, and even then I very much doubt any vet ever has advised sugar free yoghurt. One of the ingredients in sugar free produce is poisonous to dogs. The rest of it was just poor advice and best ignored but this specific bit could potentially be lethal. Its the second time today I've seen you giving advice that could potentially end in the death of someones horse/dog.
Well my dear, they gave advice with bones. Large dogs can benefit from bones whereas small dogs can choke on them (they both have the risk but large dogs are less likely to choke on them).I don't know where you got that idea from but yogurt can not kill a dog. A teaspoon of yogurt in a raw meal can not cause harm.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Well my dear, they gave advice with bones. Large dogs can benefit from bones whereas small dogs can choke on them (they both have the risk but large dogs are less likely to choke on them).I don't know where you got that idea from but yogurt can not kill a dog. A teaspoon of yogurt in a raw meal can not cause harm.

Sugar free yoghurt sometimes contains xylitol.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Sometimes^, I'd expect the owner to read the ingredients.

They wont have to if they dont follow your idiotic and lethal advice. The fact you clearly werent aware of this means that others wont be either. The fact you are still stating that your advice is just fine, just shows how stupid people can be.

The advice regarding the bones is just nonsense, but luckily unlikely to kill anyones dog/

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

A friend was trained at the RVC and received half a day’s training-on all species! If you look at the shit quality ‘food’ pushed by vets in their surgeries then surely you wouldn’t rely on their nutrition advice! Frankly, I probably know more about what’s in dog food than most vets, 10 years of research, although I am absolutely not claiming to be qualified in any way.

^^ As already pointed out, it totally depends on the bone. Are you telling me small dogs have different physiology to big dogs and that my mate’s chi shouldn’t be eating chicken wings? Blimey, I better tell her (although she is actually qualified in canine nutrition) ?

ThatConnemara

Visit site
A friend was trained at the RVC and received half a day’s training-on all species! If you look at the shit quality ‘food’ pushed by vets in their surgeries then surely you wouldn’t rely on their nutrition advice! Frankly, I probably know more about what’s in dog food than most vets, 10 years of research, although I am absolutely not claiming to be qualified in any way.

^^ As already pointed out, it totally depends on the bone. Are you telling me small dogs have different physiology to big dogs and that my mate’s chi shouldn’t be eating chicken wings? Blimey, I better tell her (although she is actually qualified in canine nutrition) ?
That's just what my mother got told.

EllenJay

Visit site
Well my dear, they gave advice with bones. Large dogs can benefit from bones whereas small dogs can choke on them (they both have the risk but large dogs are less likely to choke on them).
Crikey - my two small dogs had better give up their daily chicken wings then.

Not sure if you are talking about cooked or raw bones, because you are right - small dogs can choke on cooked bones when they splinter - although large dogs can as well, but it is probably easier to take out the large splinters from their throat and they could possibly be able to swallow the smaller splinters.

Why is it that people who don't actually know give unfounded advice, and then try to claim "unknown/unnamed vets advice"

Leo Walker

Visit site
Why is it that people who don't actually know give unfounded advice, and then try to claim "unknown/unnamed vets advice"

The ones that know the least always have this unshaking belief in themselves. I guess they dont know enough to know how stupid they are being. The addition of the mythical vet just adds weight to the argument in their mind.